• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Australian navy's hunt for new sub to replace Collins class

Generally that only applies to North America.
Most of the beaches I’ve seen overseas have a pretty decent showing ;)
I have been to Florida beaches where the landscape was flooded by Snowbirds from Quebec. I can't ever un-see those phat phucks, no matter how much I self medicate.

I have been to Florida beaches where the landscape was flooded by Snowbirds from Quebec. I can't ever un-see those phat phucks, no matter how much I self medicate.
Comment ça veut dire «Speedo» en anglais?

How about three or four times the amount?

"Prime Minister Anthony Albanese made the announcement this morning, saying the total amount of money spent by Australian taxpayers on the program is now $3.4 billion. "

Sometimes you just have to walk away from a bad deal i guess

"Prime Minister Anthony Albanese made the announcement this morning, saying the total amount of money spent by Australian taxpayers on the program is now $3.4 billion. "

Sometimes you just have to walk away from a bad deal i guess
Hey all they have to do now is pay the break fee. Then in a years time go back and buy half as many with less features and the Australians can get to the same level as Canadian procurement. Cough EH101.....and then still look to have a competition between two more manufacturers and pick one not developed. And call it Success!

I was on an Australian-focused (dominated) naval forum and mentioned they should be careful about dealing with the French. There was a reason FREMM wasn't chosen in the RCN CSC competition and most of it had to do with dealing with Naval Group. They basically told me to STFU and I didn't have any data to prove that.

I do now.

In no way should we be emulating Australian naval shipbuilding, or even looking to them as an example of how to do things here in Canada.

I was on an Australian-focused (dominated) naval forum and mentioned they should be careful about dealing with the French. There was a reason FREMM wasn't chosen in the RCN CSC competition and most of it had to do with dealing with Naval Group. They basically told me to STFU and I didn't have any data to prove that.

I do now.
I know that forum well. Please fell free to go back and rub their faces in this. :)

The decision by the US to share nuclear technology would have sunk the Attack class program no matter which supplier of diesel electric boats had been selected.

The decision by the US to share nuclear technology would have sunk the Attack class program no matter which supplier of diesel electric boats had been selected.
True. Though the relationship may have blossomed because Australia was getting very irritated with the French. Perhaps also UK , US want to keep Australia in their orbit and not be beholden the wild card the French are.

I've seen some project estimates for the Nuc boat program. We are talking in the $800 billion AUS range right now. Not sure if that is full lifetime costs or not.

True. Though the relationship may have blossomed because Australia was getting very irritated with the French. Perhaps also UK , US want to keep Australia in their orbit and not be beholden the wild card the French are.

I've seen some project estimates for the Nuc boat program. We are talking in the $800 billion AUS range right now. Not sure if that is full lifetime costs or not.
Well let’s be honest a significant part of that cost is going to be building a nuclear ‘industry’ in Australia. They don’t have any Nuclear plants and so the uphill battle to bring Nuclear power to Oz is even higher than Canada

Back