• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ATTENTION ALL SHILO RESIDENTS

PPCLI MCpl

Inactive
Reaction score
Do not consume or use tap water until further notice.

Our water supply has been contaminated with diesel fuel as a result of last nights storm.

Shilo EMS is coming around warning people of the potential hazard.

The Canex is offering free water to all who wish it.  You must bring your own container.

Thank you I was informed of the contamination around 8am this morning. I wonder why it has taken so long for the word to get out to the "general public".

Not too sure.  The PMed Techs came around at appox. 16:00hrs with a hand-out from the Base Commander and Surgeon.  If it began at 08:00hrs, then I've consumed my fair share of POL today.

Guess I had better dilute it with Crown Royal.  ;D

9R Domestic said:
Just got home from Canex with my 1.5 litre per person per day ration.

Wow, they sure went all out.  ;)  I chose to grab a couple of cases from Walmart.  Gave me an excuse to go get a Hortons.  8)

Dasani water AND you probably got your electricity back on too  ;D
I heard guys mentioned they smelled diesel in the gym shower rooms this morning and reported it.  Maybe the morning was spent testing water and figuring out the magnitude of the contamination problem?  Doesn't take too much diesel to pollute a large amount of water though. 

Back