• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army rules

Nauticus said:
High schoolers have always wanted infantry, from as far back as I can remember.

Its not just video games, TV, etc. Its that we also are extremely limited to most trades do to our lack of life experience and certified education. The AVERAGE 16 year old does not want to be a cook, etc. BUT, thats my perspective.

My 2 cents.

canada94 said:
Its not just video games, TV, etc. Its that we also are extremely limited to most trades do to our lack of life experience and certified education. The AVERAGE 16 year old does not want to be a cook, etc. BUT, thats my perspective.

My 2 cents.

Though talking to my 9yr old the other day, he wants to be a goalie in the NHL OR a professional babysitter. He says he would like to join the army but it doesn't pay enough.

Too much allowance?

Task said:
Though talking to my 9yr old the other day, he wants to be a goalie in the NHL OR a professional babysitter. He says he would like to join the army but it doesn't pay enough.

Too much allowance?

Oh boy this one made me laugh :). If i where him, Goalie in the NHL is most definitely the way to go.

Mike

Another thing- those of us serving take the plethora of other trades for granted. Many people outside of the forces who don't know much about us may have some vague conception that there are 'non-infanteers' in the CF, but that doesn't really figure into their conception of what the military is. Just a thought, but it makes sense to me... I've told a few of my civilian friends (to looks of astonishment) just how relatively little of the CF is actually comprised of fighting troops; 'tooth to tail ratio' is a foreign concept to most civvies, and so they don't get that most military positions are not, in fact, of a combat nature.

Brihard said:
Another thing- those of us serving take the plethora of other trades for granted. Many people outside of the forces who don't know much about us may have some vague conception that there are 'non-infanteers' in the CF, but that doesn't really figure into their conception of what the military is. Just a thought, but it makes sense to me... I've told a few of my civilian friends (to looks of astonishment) just how relatively little of the CF is actually comprised of fighting troops; 'tooth to tail ratio' is a foreign concept to most civvies, and so they don't get that most military positions are not, in fact, of a combat nature.

Yeah I find people are surprised by the amount of really civilian related trades there are in the armed forces and not every trade is a "combat" trade. Just lack of information I suppose.

Back