• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

Mike?  Vacation?  Who allowed this to happen?

lol. site goes down when the boss is on vacation.

evil omen?

It's official....Mike's not allow to go on vacation anymore.

Regards

Who signed his Milnet.ca leave pass, who authorized his vacation? ;)

Those were the worst days of my army.ca life.

Thank goodness we are back up and running, I was expecting to see news reports of errant Milnet.ca members looting and rioting the internet.

Cheers,

CAW

THANK GOD!!!! I need some fix when we go down, something more then crackbook.

Wow now that was interesting. I think I'll finally put away the anti-depressants and extra booze for now.  ;)

CdnArtyWife said:
Who signed his Milnet.ca leave pass, who authorized his vacation? ;)

Those were the worst days of my army.ca life.

Thank goodness we are back up and running, I was expecting to see news reports of errant Milnet.ca members looting and rioting the internet.

Cheers,

CAW
[me=Kyle Burrows]hides his pen.[/me]

My favourite part of the downtime was the message from RBD at 1am over facebook.

Cheez!
Just finished giving my ISP hell for the rotten service.... no forum for waaaaay too long!

Ahhhh!

What went wrong?  Alien Space Bats intervened (read: we were hacked by the leftnews.org)  >:D

Not sure what the issue was, however after rebooting/resetting the Server, 2X DSL lines and router, everything seems to have come back up with no issues.

Captain Sensible said:
What went wrong?  Alien Space Bats intervened (read: we were hacked by the leftnews.org)   >:D

Where does this ASB stuff come from anyway?  Is that your invention or is it some ongoing gag I'm oblivious to?

There was a thread on Bat F*&^^% Insane something or other yesterday, or was that the posters?.....

Thanks Todd (Harris) and Gray (grayrc here) for sorting that out. Todd was "remote help" and Gray actually drove onsite to my house to troubleshoot. (Didn't even set off the alarm like last year!) Kudos to both of you for fixing that, I was blissfully out of cell coverage the whole time. :)

The issue seems to be that a power bump from the storms caused the DSL modems and/or router to hang up and not reconnect. I'm going to check to see if there's an auto-reconnect feature that is not currently enabled on our router (a Linksys RV-042 in case anyone's familiar...) For now we're back alive thanks to Gray and Todd.

Cheers
Mike

And do Todd and Gray receive a prize for said service?  I'm all for nominating them for the Order of Army.ca or something.

Kyle Burrows said:
And do Todd and Gray receive a prize for said service?  I'm all for nominating them for the Order of Army.ca or something.

They can have any found at: http://www.lf-ioc-ukcommand.org.uk/   Click on awards ;D ;D ;D ;D

Back