• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

Should the parts that are currently B/O come in this week (as they usually do), the machine should be brought on site, put together, and ready to receive software within a week and a half from now.

Excellent, thanks for the order update Kendrick. I'm motivated to get things rolling once the hardware is onsite. :)

Folks,

I am cautiously optimistic that I may have improved the situation. The server load is still high, but through a number of changes I think I've made it manageable.

For those who care, I think the core of the problem was that with recent upgrade made our PHP accelerator fail to load however it didn't log an error, it just aborted. That meant we were running without an accelerator, but I didn't realize it. I've now sync'd the versions and the accelerator is back online.

I've also put in a firewall ban for most of Asiapac, but I intend to lift that if the server load remains tolerable.

Thanks for your patience, and fingers crossed, this will see us through to the new hardware.

Cheers
Mike

Hmmm, the problems aren't over yet... the current accelerator segfaults the server. I'm trying another.

Mike,
Thanks for working so hard for us. I appreciate it and will be sending in my subscription by snail mail soonest.  Thanks Again.

Thanks, but really it's not a testament to my ability... it really just highlights how shallow my knowledge is on this stuff! :)

Mike Bobbitt said:
Hmmm, the problems aren't over yet... the current accelerator segfaults the server. I'm trying another.

I think you need more Dilithium crystals for the flux capacitor.  ;)

Trinity said:
I think you need more Dilithium crystals for the flux capacitor.  ;)

No, you fool!!

It's the anti-matter static control circuit in the main drive!!

Well Mike, at least you are doing what you can.

And Trinity, it is the anti-matter static control circuit  ;)

Steady as she goes, Mike.

I wonder how many sites, and site masters, would very much like to have your problem!
It seems true that as our technology has accelerated our quality of 'patience' has not kept pace.
I'm glad to have subscribed in support of this outstanding site and encourage others to do the same
in support, not only of the 'server' but, of course, those who do and have served!
Thank you for your perseverance!

Pidd

Mike, whatever you did in geek land seems to work eggsalad!  I was getting very frustrated with not being able to surf the site.  :rage:
But, I'm much better now.  8)
Kudos
:army:

Miss Jacqueline said:
Don't you love it?  :)
I'm dancing a little jig ;D

three cheers for army.ca's fearless leader... Mike
HUZZA HUZZA HUZZA

Mike, I have no idea how it is that you do what you do but I will echo the sentiments of the others. Keep up the great work and keep me getting my fix. lol

Big Foot said:
Mike, I have no idea how it is that you do what you do but I will echo the sentiments of the others. Keep up the great work and keep me getting my fix. lol

When skill and experience are found lacking, I rely on my old friends: brute force and ignorance. Works every time. ;)

He said BRUTE force, not BRUCE force!  ;D

Well done Mike, glad to see it running again...the DT's will fade shortly.

Ah ignorance my old friend. Ignorance is bliss ;) Hence why I'm so blissful that the site is pretty much back to normal, or so it seems. lol.

Back