• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

arctic reagion cadpat

R

ramrod

i heard from a few people that the cf is developing arctic region cadpat.is this true?who uses it (if still around the November brigade or jtf2)?or was i gullible enough to believe this b.s.?

the colour's were white,light grey,and light blue

Search and you shall find...

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/21490.0.html

And what do you think the "November Brigade" is?

There is a blue, white and grey version of CADPAT, I have only seen it on boots.  No plans to make it as far as I know.

CADPAT Arctic would be made ... but I dont hear anything for the blue colour  :-\...any info or picture with the blue pixel ?

I don't know why they wouldn't just make a copy similar to the German's winter coveralls. It's looks so simple, but effective.

http://www.pbase.com/crispin/image/7817430

AmmoTech90 said:
Search and you shall find...

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/21490.0.html

And what do you think the "November Brigade" is?

i saw them on cbc sunday report they are a elite brigade that concentrate on winter warfare and were deployed in afghanistan at the start of the peacekeeping op's to fight in the mountins.

A, I think you are thinking of November Company, probably of 3 RCR.
Quite a bit of a difference between battalion and brigade.

I can check around for some pictures, but I have no idea how old the boots are.  I can look into it though.  As far as I know they are a "demo" pattern of boots.  I think it looks "cooler" than the two colour stuff on that three uniform poster, but I don;t know if it is more effect.

Just a little interesting thing I've noticed...

There are a lot of those CADPAT posters from Clothe The Soldier featuring the 3 different types, woodland, Arid Region and Arctic (I know they're posted all around Fort York). If you look closely at the Arctic CADPAT, its simply a guy wearing his plain winter whites. They then took CADPAT, put it on a greyscale and copied and pasted over it with Photoshop. (the CADPAT design is consistant and flat, even on folds and wrinkles). Has anyone ever been issued Winter CADPAT or know anyone who has?!

I'll dig up some pictures if I can find them.

Sure looks like it conforms to the shape of the material here:
index.php

It does, a few of the guys from my unit noticed the same thing with the posters as myself. Maybe they didnt have any on hand during the photo shoot, or maybe we're all nuts.

(thanks for swiching my post to here)

If you talk about blue colour, the CADPAT - Arctic Region does not have any blue in it.

I verified in an issue of «Maple Leaf », They talk about grey and white (Wich are reversible - One side CADPAT and the other are totally white)

I forgot the source that told me this, but what I remember is that when the Arctic Region CADPAT is reversed, it is more grey, which is meant to be a Urban Enviorment type of CADPAT. The Urban CADPAT is still under developement. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Back