• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Arbour Report - Recommendation #29: Future of Military Colleges

It drives me crazy that an MBA completed at a lower rank is 1 point, but if you wait and finish it as a Maj it’s 2 points, and it was 0 points as a Capt. JCSP tops it off as a 3rd point (including the 2 points for Masters in rank). Is JCSP really 3x better for the institution than a Master’s received at a lower rank?
I’d have to look at the SCRIT but I don’t think the rank at which you completed post-grad matters in board points.

As far as JCSP is concerned, it wasn’t post-graduate level. It was baccalaureate-level at best, sometimes more like High School. I didn’t learn how to be a better staff officer nor a better commander.

I will note that the best instructors on JCSP (DL) were the contracted academics, and not the faculty on staff.

MBA completed at a lower rank is 1 point, but if you wait and finish it as a Maj it’s 2 points, and …
What occupation’s SCRIT scores education based whether it was achieved within current rank or not?

Back