• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aptitude testing

civvy3840

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm going to send in my application soon and a friend recommended this site so I would be able to get some more information about the infantry. Everything so far seems alrighty because I can do 35 push-ups and 30 situps in a minute but the thing that got me worried was the Aptitude testing. Just because on a lot of the posts people seem to be having trouble passing it. So i just wanted to know if it actually is hard and if there are any hints or things that will help me prepare for it. Another thing that worry's me is the step test. I heard you have to step in time with the beat of a song. This could be a problem because I am tone deaf ( can't hear the beat in songs etc...). Any tips/hints would be much appreciated.

Hi Civvy, lots of great stuff to dig through around here, take a read through this first forum, lots of links to get you started - http://army.ca/forums/threads/21101.0.html

as well, take a look at the CFAT thread linked here - http://army.ca/forums/threads/23193.0.html

a few things to get you going :) good luck and all the best.
cheers.

Studying for an Aptitude Test is like studying for an Urine Test.

If you have ever enjoyed Bavarian Beer Hall music, you should have no problem with the Step Test.

GW

Don't even bother studying for it...The questions are 100 times harder than the practice tests...They won't ask you 2,4,6,8, ... whats the next number...It'll be 1,2,4,7,17,33...

And verbal...Jebus memorize your dictionary...Whats Luquacious and Sagacious mean anyway?

Yeah might wanna bruch up on your quantum physics and advanced mathematics  logarythms and trigonometry especialy.

48Highlander said:
Yeah might wanna bruch up on your quantum physics and advanced mathematics   logarythms and trigonometry especialy.

For the basic CFAT all they say is its grade 10 lvl (ontario)...Just know how to divide decimals and fractions...

hey guys, i got my aplitude test tommorow and just a quick though went through my mind, are we allowed using calculators of any kind? cause im like pretty dam good in math figuring everything out and getting all the formulas and all... just that im pretty bad without the calculator =/ fingers are my best friend lol, or at least do we get supplied paper

It's a aptitude test, not a test on how to use calculators.  Yes you'll get a scrap piece for figuring.

Hello,

I was wondering if someone would be able to tell me how long each of the tests results last for?  I did all the testing for the Reserves last year, but I didn't pass the Physical Component of the tests, so I decided to not join the Army last year. I do, however, wish to re-apply for the Reserves this fall, but I would like to know if I have to redo all the Components of the the Recruiting Process. If someone could answer this for me, I will appreciate it very much. Thank You in advance.

Militarygirl88 :salute:

militarygirl88 said:
Hello,

I was wondering if someone would be able to tell me how long each of the tests results last for?   I did all the testing for the Reserves last year, but I didn't pass the Physical Component of the tests, so I decided to not join the Army last year. I do, however, wish to re-apply for the Reserves this fall, but I would like to know if I have to redo all the Components of the the Recruiting Process. If someone could answer this for me, I will appreciate it very much. Thank You in advance.

Militarygirl88 :salute:

Aptitude test - good
Med - one year
background check - 6 months
Interview - 6 months.

You will need a need application and references and you will have to provide any new information that has changed since your last application such as education.  Contact the reserve recruiter for more information.

Thanks,
I have given all my new information to the local recruitment center im just waiting for them to call me to arrange all my testing and such again, but thanks for letting me know how long each component last for,
militarygirl88

I am just waiting to get the paperwork back from my second reference before submitting my application. However I am very nervous about the aptitude test. I did the practice test on-line http://www.psc-cfp.gc.ca/ppc/gct_test_e.htm I only managed a 57%. Now I understand you never actually see your final test mark, just a list of possible occupations. However I need to know, should I be worried.

Thanks,

WO. McWatt said:
I am just waiting to get the paperwork back from my second reference before submitting my application. However I am very nervous about the aptitude test. I did the practice test on-line http://www.psc-cfp.gc.ca/ppc/gct_test_e.htm I only managed a 57%. Now I understand you never actually see your final test mark, just a list of possible occupations. However I need to know, should I be worried.

Thanks,

Beaten to death !!

You have been around long enough to know where to look as we've gone over this more times that i care to count.  Look in the recruiting forum for the CFAT thread which has been "stickied" for your convinience.

(Mover1 pay attention at how this is done...lol)

Back