• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Applying to be a Medical Technician

Well I have emailed my file manager.  Should find out tomorrow which element I was choosen for.  Thanks for posting that.

Keep in mind, the element thing is usually just a numbers game.  I know several "Army" Med Techs posted to ship and "Navy" Med Techs posted to field units (or otherwise).

Most people have not had a big problem with changing elements a few years down the road.

BorderMedic said:
Hey Mariomike, I was finally given an offer for Army Med Tech, which I promptly accepted, but when I went to swear in, they told me it would be for a Navy Med Tech instead and that I could have a few minutes to think about it, but if I didn't take it I was SOL, cause they were not taking any more Med Techs and probably not any next year either.

So I accepted it for what it was and was sworn in, I just started my medic training on Monday, I will do my best to update on here, and if I get a minute the blog as well.

That is wonderful news, BorderMedic! I wanted to know how things were going with your career, but was hesitant to ask, because, for a while there, the situation did not appear favourable.
Thanks for the update, please do keep us posted. You and Rafterman and the others have great careers to look forward to.  :salute:

Bordermedic...
If it makes you feel any better, I work on a navy base surrounded by army medics, navy medics and airforce medics. The only difference I can see is the colour of their nametapes, berets and epaulets.

Yes I understand, that in particular to the Med Tech trade it really doesn't make a difference which element you are from, for me its just that I always wanted to be in the army, and accepted an offer to be in the army, and then they switched it on me, about 20min before I was about to swear in. And I also understand that after a while I can switch it, and who knows at that point I may not care at all, it was really just more of an annoyance at the time.

First and foremost I want to be a Med Tech, and I'm on my way to that, I can worry about the other stuff later,

Back