• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Questions

McThor

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,
I just had a few questions regarding the application process. I am going to apply for Engineering Officer and Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Officer.
1. If I start the application process now, will I have to go to BMOQ before University?
2. I know for the Engineering Officer position I can have any engineering degree, but for the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Officer position, must I have a degree in that discipline?
3. My local college has a transfer program. It is as follows: 2yrs. at Sault College (Civil Engineering Tech.) then, 1yr. Cambrian College (Civil Engineering Tech.) and then 1.5yrs. Lakehead U. In the end I wil have my civil engineering degree, now the question is, will ROTP accept this? This would be for the Engineering Officer position.

Thanks, any help is very much appreciated,
McThor

Check with your local recruitment office on how that stuff works.  Schools have to be recognized by the CF.  Also does the CF have the courses you wish to take?  Something to consider because they can subsidize it for you while you go to school and in return you guarantee the CF time served as reimbursement for them covering your costs.  I believe the rate is serve two months for each month you are in school.

Forces.ca has better information on it.

The CF does have the courses I am looking for, as a matter of fact my preference would be to go to RMC.

Thanks for the quick reply

I did the college (civil Engineering Tech.) thing and then Lakehead University afterwards. I applied during my college phase and was told (back in 2005) that I would need to go to RMC or Civil U. No ROTP through college + Lakehead route. Things may have changed though so you should ask.

I'm reapplying now that I have my degree in Civil engineering. My first two choices are Eng O and EME O.

PM if you want to chat or ask more pointed questions.

Back