• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [ 2019-present]

Not a clue my friend I'm in the background/security clearance stage myself now since October 10th and I'm a canadian citizen. I'm hoping I'll be on a competition list soon if all goes well

Not a clue my friend I'm in the background/security clearance stage myself now since October 10th and I'm a canadian citizen. I'm hoping I'll be on a competition list soon if all goes well
Yeah seems like you will be going to BMq around Early or mid jan, Which Trade did you end up Choosing?
I was told i was eligible for very trade possible but my background check timeline Looks long and Fooggy due to out of country travel

Yeah seems like you will be going to BMq around Early or mid jan, Which Trade did you end up Choosing?
I was told i was eligible for very trade possible but my background check timeline Looks long and Fooggy due to out of country travel
That's my hope! And I was going fir Aerospace telecommunications, Information systems tech and signal tech and I qualified for 2 out of the IST and Sig Op and ton more but I chose Information systems technician as I have a computer background and hopefully your background check comes back soon my friend, any particular trade your leaning toward?

That's my hope! And I was going fir Aerospace telecommunications, Information systems tech and signal tech and I qualified for 2 out of the IST and Sig Op and ton more but I chose Information systems technician as I have a computer background and hopefully your background check comes back soon my friend, any particular trade your leaning toward?
Since the very beginning, I wanted to be an electrician picked Ed tech but the counselor told me to keep ATIS tech as a second choice until the interview, But ill probably go for Ed if I have enough patience by then because what I have seen on some of the Fourms is it can take 2-24 months to get past the long Background screeing and competition list. No wonder CAF is struggling to Hire and Keep people in Ranks.

Yeah they really pushed the ATIS narrative on me as well they must be short handed in the trade and apparently I was just 1 point away on my cfat from being eligible but it's whatever lol and yeah from what I can gather it really depends on the trade it seems for the screening I talked to someone a few weeks back that applied for MP and their screening was done in a day lol

Then I must have done that probably before Cfats. Do you know anything about foreign implications Screening and how much time it adds to your already lengthy application process?
Honestly, it depends. Assuming you've lived in Canada for at least 10 years or since before you turned 16 (whichever comes first), and haven't left for any significant length of time, it shouldn't take too long but it may vary from case to case, in my circumstance I filled out the forms when I did my FORCE Eval and had to submit them again due to them being missing and I was informed on Oct 6th that I was in the Background Check stage and I've not heard back so I presume that I'm still in the background check stage while my portal says "Ready for Medical/Interview"

Honestly, it depends. Assuming you've lived in Canada for at least 10 years or since before you turned 16 (whichever comes first), and haven't left for any significant length of time, it shouldn't take too long but it may vary from case to case, in my circumstance I filled out the forms when I did my FORCE Eval and had to submit them again due to them being missing and I was informed on Oct 6th that I was in the Background Check stage and I've not heard back so I presume that I'm still in the background check stage while my portal says "Ready for Medical/Interview"
Yeah my portal sat like that even after my interview and being told my background papers would be sent off immediately lol finally changed a week or so later hoping to God I find out I get an offer soon or what my next steps are, what trade are you going in for?

Yeah my portal sat like that even after my interview and being told my background papers would be sent off immediately lol finally changed a week or so later hoping to God I find out I get an offer soon or what my next steps are, what trade are you going in for?
I'm going for Infanteer (PRes). I'm in the same boat honestly lol I literally check my portal, mail and spam if there are any updates but it's been the same since Sept 12th when I did my Force Eval so I'm just hoping for the best. I hope you get your offer soon and are good to go for enrollment. Cheers!

I'm going for Infanteer (PRes). I'm in the same boat honestly lol I literally check my portal, mail and spam if there are any updates but it's been the same since Sept 12th when I did my Force Eval so I'm just hoping for the best. I hope you get your offer soon and are good to go for enrollment. Cheers!
Good shit! And that's exactly what I do too! Haha we're eager or what!? Lol and I never had to do a force evaluation just cfat, medical, interview. I think they do force evaluations at BMQ now and same to you bud! Best of luck!

Good shit! And that's exactly what I do too! Haha we're eager or what!? Lol and I never had to do a force evaluation just cfat, medical, interview. I think they do force evaluations at BMQ now and same to you bud! Best of luck!
For sure, I've been waiting since 2018 to apply but met the requirements last year so decided to get some personal stuff out of the way and apply as soon as possible. Yeah for Reg Force, the Eval is done during BMQ. Lets see I hope that the medical and interview go smoothly and I get done with them and onto the next steps soon! Thank you bud and best of luck to you too!

For reg F the Force test is done at BMQ.
For reserves the Force test is done during the recruiting process.

For reg F the Force test is done at BMQ.
For reserves the Force test is done during the recruiting process.
One Question that has been bugging me since the beginning is if you pick a trade that is in demand vs a trade that is not in much demand, is there a difference in the applicant's file in terms of who gets the first Priority in processing time?

One Question that has been bugging me since the beginning is if you pick a trade that is in demand vs a trade that is not in much demand, is there a difference in the applicant's file in terms of who gets the first Priority in processing time?
I'd imagine it does affect processing time. But there are many other factors as well I'd assume, eligibility and suitability for the trade etc

I really wish you the best Brother, I hope that finally fulfill your Goal because most of the people around me live and kill each other with words just so they can provide comfort to themselves. And at the end of it all, all that's left is Regret.
So it is up to us to Go all in what we believe in and have Faith. Faith is the Vision of the Things Unseen. Only those who can see the Invisible can do the Impossible.
So Stay Hard!!

Very little effect, if any. The in-demand tag is to bring attention to trades that may not have high visibility. The processing time for security clearance, background check, medical processing, etc., takes the same amount of time.

Very little effect, if any. The in-demand tag is to bring attention to trades that may not have high visibility. The processing time for security clearance, background check, medical processing, etc., takes the same amount of time.
Hi, Just got a call from CFRC and was told that my application might take time because the CFRC HQ gave my file low Priority because I had a lesser chance of being selected as compared to other applicants. On the other hand, I meet all my education, Residential, and Cfat requirements for the selected trade. Any thoughts?

Hi, Just got a call from CFRC and was told that my application might take time because the CFRC HQ gave my file low Priority because I had a lesser chance of being selected as compared to other applicants. On the other hand, I meet all my education, Residential, and Cfat requirements for the selected trade. Any thoughts?
Could be your CFAT results are not as competitive as others, despite meeting the minimum. Maybe your interview was not as strong as they had hoped. Maybe your TSD-PI results were borderline,. or less than optimal. Basically what CFRC HQ was telling you is that while you meet the minimum threshold to apply for the job, there are other more competitive candidates, and if you wish to continue with applying for this particular trade, you may have a long wait aheaad of you. You could always call them back and see if there are any trades for which you are more competitive and if they interest you.

Could be your CFAT results are not as competitive as others, despite meeting the minimum. Maybe your interview was not as strong as they had hoped. Maybe your TSD-PI results were borderline,. or less than optimal. Basically what CFRC HQ was telling you is that while you meet the minimum threshold to apply for the job, there are other more competitive candidates, and if you wish to continue with applying for this particular trade, you may have a long wait aheaad of you. You could always call them back and see if there are any trades for which you are more competitive and if they interest you.
Hey, Thanks For your Valuable feedback, I had a session with the Counselor on the day of my examination and He mentioned my Cfat score were quite competitive for the selected Ed-tech and ATIS trades. I haven't had the chance for an interview yet, but yeah I will ask them again if there are any areas I can realistically improve the competitiveness of my application as I do not wish to wait 1-2 years just to get enrolled.

Recruiting Centre: Halifax
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infanteer
Trade Choice 2: Gunner
Trade Choice 3: Armoured Soldier
Application: September 2nd, 2023
First Contact: September 13th, 2023
CFAT: October 18th, 2023 (successful)
Medical: November 6th, 2023
Medical Forms Submitted: November 14th, 2023 (Visual Acuity Form)
Interview: November 28th, 2023
Med Fit:
Background Check:
Competition List:
Selected:
Position Offered:
Enrolment:
BMOQ:

If you are in the process of applying for the CAF or have recently completed the process and have not yet posted in this thread, I encourage you to do so. It helps give other applicants or potential applicants an idea of the timeline of the process. While every file is different and times will vary, it provides a bit more information than the recruiters are able to provide. Many will appreciate it, as I have appreciated others who’ve taken the time to do so. Thanks!

Back