• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
NFLD Sapper said:
Concentrate first on passing your BMQ/SQ/Trades courses before think about those berets.

:brickwall:
I don't see why everyone keep saying I should be focusing on BMQ and not thinking about what I want to do with my future career. Are we not allowed to ask question regarding what we want to do in our careers on this forum or is Army Forums only allowed for discussions on BMQ. What's so wrong with asking questions about area I am interested in studying and joking around about the colour of beret I want without being harassed or ridiculed by people like NFLD Sapper.

TimBit said:
One bite at a time, dude. Who knows, maybe you'll LOVE armoured (in case you get it) and then will spend the rest of your life amusing your buddies about the para Coy sleeping in the frozen mud...  :tank2:

lol That is true really true. I still remember Cadets in the Armoured Corps, fun times!!

Hi REC CENTRE TORONTO:

Thanks for the feedback and confirmation of such a process.  Good to hear that 'my case' isn't so odd after all.

Rec Centre Toronto CO said:
CFAT before application:
This is called a "Test - no file" process, where you get the chance to write the CFAT to determine for what trade you qualify.  Your name is recorded, so there are no 'freebies' for CFATs, and it prevents a lot of processing on the recruiting end.  Yes it exists, when centres see a need to do so.

phionex said:
I don't see why everyone keep saying I should be focusing on BMQ and not thinking about what I want to do with my future career. Are we not allowed to ask question regarding what we want to do in our careers on this forum or is Army Forums only allowed for discussions on BMQ. What's so wrong with asking questions about area I am interested in studying and joking around about the colour of beret I want without being harassed or ridiculed by people like NFLD Sapper.

Well maybe because of:

phionex said:
Listed: TBD
Position Offered: TBD
Sworn in: TBD
BMQ starts on: TBD

So again concentrate on getting in and passing BMQ/SQ/Trades before you think about what you want to do later on in your career.

NS Valley Girl said:
******  UPDATE ******

Everything went well during my interview and medical.  However I new twist was added to my application process.  Atleast it was new and unexpected to me.  After the approval of my medical I will be scheduled to write a NAV Test.  The NAV Test has to be completed and have a passing grade before merit listing is granted.  I was not expecting this and was not advised prior.  I guess this test is quite extensive.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Any feedback on this test?

Hem...sounds a lot like the very standard ANav test run at Trenton along with the CAPSS for pilot-candidates. Look it up using the search function, tons of info on this site. It is free (of course) and your going there will be repaid.  I'm surprised they didn't tell you that...

TimBit:

What do you mean by 'it will be free' & 'going there it will be repaid?'  You referring to the search function or going to Trenton?  Or ?

Recruiting Center: CFRC Ottawa
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer? NCM
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 2: Communicator Research Operator
Trade Choice 3: AC Op
Application Date: February 20, 2009
First Contact: February 25, 2009
CFAT completed: March 5, 2009
Medical:  March 17, 2008
Interview: March 17, 2008
Listed: PENDING
Position Offered: PENDING
Sworn in: PENDING
BMQ starts on: PENDING

Hey Valley Girl, I'm in the same boat as you, except I'm going for pilot. They said they'd try to get me on the one in April, so maybe I'll see you there. Just keeping my fingers crossed for the medical paperwork to go through and for them to call me. I'm going to give them a shout on Tuesday to see what's on the go. I just want to know when it is because my exams and stuff are all in April!

Hi X012 !

Yep... sounds like a similar boat.  :)

Doing the pilot thing... that's awesome.  What I have heard from the recruitment centre, to date is, that BMOQ's are full until July/August.  If they can squeeze you in for April - how cool would that be.  (and, I'd be jealous.  lol)

Ditto.  I will be following up with the recruitment centre on Tuesday/Wednesday regarding my medical and it's progress.  For myself:  I am waiting for medical to pass and preparing to write the Air Nav Test.

Can't provide any advice on your exams and BMOQ because I was under the understanding that it'd be August for the next basic training officer enrollment.

Anyone - please correct me if I am wrong.  (???)

X2012 said:
Hey Valley Girl, I'm in the same boat as you, except I'm going for pilot. They said they'd try to get me on the one in April, so maybe I'll see you there. Just keeping my fingers crossed for the medical paperwork to go through and for them to call me. I'm going to give them a shout on Tuesday to see what's on the go. I just want to know when it is because my exams and stuff are all in April!

Just found out that i got merit listed and the MOC said to expect to have a call in 1-2 weeks  YAY

congrats. I was told 1-2 weeks and i got the call the next day. so be ready

Marshall said:
Did not realize this was here  8)

Recruiting Center: CFRC HALIFAX

Regular/Reserves: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer

Trade Choice 1: Armour
Trade Choice 2: Artillery
Trade Choice 3: Infantry

Application Date: October 08
First Contact: Several days later
CFAT: Early November - Passed above average (Did not qualify for Aerospace Engineer or something like that.. darn...lol)
Medical: Early November - Passed 100%
Interview: Early November - Passed

Job offer: N/A
Sworn in: N/A

UPDATE

Recruiting Center: CFRC HALIFAX

Regular/Reserves: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer

Trade Choice 1: Armour
Trade Choice 2: Artillery
Trade Choice 3: Infantry

Application Date: October 08
First Contact: Several days later
CFAT: Early November - Passed
Medical: Early November - Passed
Interview: Early November - Passed

Job offer: ROTP Program - Saint Mary's University 2009. Land Operations
Sworn in: N/A (July 2009 area)

And now I can rest easy haha. for now.

f0x said:
Recruiting Center: Halifax
Regular/Reserves: Reg
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Intell Op
Trade Choice 2: Imagery Tech
Trade Choice 3: Geomatics Tech
Application Date: Feb. 4th/09
First Contact: Feb. 4th/09
CFAT: completed Feb. 4th/09 -- passed (Wasn't expecting this so soon)
Interview: Feb. 26th/09  completed
Medical: Feb, 26th/09   completed- additional papers sent in on the 4th of march
Merit Listed:  ? med file was on the way back to my CFRC on the 16th
Job Offer: Geomatics (offered on March 23rd)
Swearing in: March 31st
BMQ: April 13th
;D So happy

Edited because I was freaking out too bad to hit spell check

I applied for Infantry Soldier.
Dropped off forms Febuary 12th
CFAT and interview completed febuary 24th
Did medical March 3rd
Recieved phone call March 17th for swearing in on April 3rd, I fly off for BMQ April 11th.
So the whole process took only two months!

Now, what I'm wondering... They sent me another security clearance form to fill out. I have to complete it and bring it with me to the swearing in ceremony. Is there a chance I'm not going to be accepted due to forms not being done properly, or am I guaranteed a spot since I've already accepted the job offer?

Nikonian said:
Now, what I'm wondering... They sent me another security clearance form to fill out. I have to complete it and bring it with me to the swearing in ceremony. Is there a chance I'm not going to be accepted due to forms not being done properly, or am I guaranteed a spot since I've already accepted the job offer?

Chances are they just need you to fill out the form as they started using Back Check which requires five references instead of three.  Shouldn't have any effect on your offer.

Alright, thanks! So it should not be a problem. It's just a little annoying that I have already filled out all of this information and I didn't keep any copies. I'm going down to the CFRC today to look at my old forms.

Nikonian said:
Alright, thanks! So it should not be a problem. It's just a little annoying that I have already filled out all of this information and I didn't keep any copies. I'm going down to the CFRC today to look at my old forms.

Always keep copies of your security clearance forms!  Makes it easier to fill out every 10 years if you haven't moved too much.

DisplacedMaritimer said:
Congrats! You'll be a week behind me and Smittymed...

Thanks, even though I have been waiting it feels like it's so soon and yet so far away.

I know the feeling... I swear in this Friday, and I leave April 4th... and I've only been waiting a week but it all is crawling by... feels like an eternity.

Any hiring-numbers out for the new FY yet?  ???
Any ideas how many for Armour(CEOTP)?  ???

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back