• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beats me, must be some sort of "internal" thing.    :dunno:  Far too many "F-words" come to mind, none of which are flattering.

I'm rather surprised they did anything with your actual application, seeing as it appears you haven't written the CFAT or TSD yet.  Nothing wrong with doing something like that though.

Rookie Green said:
I got told the same thing. Still sitting here four months later.

I know that the recruiter cannot really say something like that with supreme confidence, as there is no way to predict the future. It is for this reason that I have tempered my expectations, however I would be ecstatic if my application were able to be completed and processed in time for August/September BMOQ. While my high CFAT score may play in my favor in regards to my placement in the applicant pool, I have no illusions that my case is special or unique.

I do have one question. I have noticed that some people have waited many months between their CFAT and interview/medical while others have waited just a few weeks. Does the size (ie. amount of traffic the local CFRC handles) of the recruiting center's city/town play a role in the scheduling of interviews/medical appointments? One could reasonably assume that a CFRC in Vancouver or Toronto would process many more applications, and thus have many more interviews/medicals to schedule, than a smaller city such as Moncton.

I feel like i've been going through this process forever. I had actually previously applied a few years ago in Halifax and that's where I did my CFAT, that's apparently good for life so it carried forward. Unfortunately what also carried forward as an old disconnected phone number attached to my medical file so there was a month or so after medical that a piece of info was missing and I didn't know until I called back to see what was going on with my file. So that delayed me a bit but it's all back on track now. Seems like I'm in a bit of a waiting game. I'm told PAFO and INT are both very competitive with only a few spots. Has anyone with these trade preferences heard anything? Also seeing quite a few BMQ dates coming up in summer but not any BMOQ. Has anyone gotten a date for summer?

Recruiting Centre: Kingston
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Public Affairs Officer
Trade Choice 2: Intelligence
Trade Choice 3: Aerospace Control Officer
Applied: August 2013
First contact: August 27, 2013
CFAT: completed and passed (in Halifax in 2011)
Medical: April 12, 2014
Interview: April 12, 2014
Merit Listed: June 17 (notified Merit listed for choices 1 and 2 but still require Aircrew Selection testing for AEC)
Position offered: -
Enrollment/swearing in: -
BMQ: -

DukeLuke56 said:
I do have one question. I have noticed that some people have waited many months between their CFAT and interview/medical while others have waited just a few weeks. Does the size (ie. amount of traffic the local CFRC handles) of the recruiting center's city/town play a role in the scheduling of interviews/medical appointments? One could reasonably assume that a CFRC in Vancouver or Toronto would process many more applications, and thus have many more interviews/medicals to schedule, than a smaller city such as Moncton.

Here at the Fredericton center I applied at a similar time to a friend who had his interview 1 month before mine and was merit listed and got his bmq date 3 weeks after(we both went for combat engineer). Now 4 months later im still waiting to hear back for a swear in/bmq date. On the same hand another friend applied a few months before me and is still waiting for a interview and medical... maybe they are hating on him for his cfat. (couldnt see that going well for him)

halifamous said:
I feel like i've been going through this process forever. I had actually previously applied a few years ago in Halifax and that's where I did my CFAT, that's apparently good for life so it carried forward. Unfortunately what also carried forward as an old disconnected phone number attached to my medical file so there was a month or so after medical that a piece of info was missing and I didn't know until I called back to see what was going on with my file. So that delayed me a bit but it's all back on track now. Seems like I'm in a bit of a waiting game. I'm told PAFO and INT are both very competitive with only a few spots. Has anyone with these trade preferences heard anything? Also seeing quite a few BMQ dates coming up in summer but not any BMOQ. Has anyone gotten a date for summer?

Recruiting Centre: Kingston
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Public Affairs Officer
Trade Choice 2: Intelligence
Trade Choice 3: Aerospace Control Officer
Applied: August 2013
First contact: August 27, 2013
CFAT: completed and passed (in Halifax in 2011)
Medical: April 12, 2014
Interview: April 12, 2014
Merit Listed: June 17 (notified Merit listed for choices 1 and 2 but still require Aircrew Selection testing for AEC)
Position offered: -
Enrollment/swearing in: -
BMQ: -

Your progressing more than I have. I applied in April, 2013 and still am waiting for a medical and interview.

Allow me gentlemen and ladies who are present to throw in my quick story. I have been waiting 2 years officially to get into the forces (Infantry Reserve) and have had no news nor will there be any this year due to budgeting and recruit intake spots in my region. Not even my testing has begun yet ever since my application date in 2012.

So for all of you who have actually had test dates and so on waiting for your call be patient, it will come eventually. In the meantime keep lifting and running hardcore because when BMQ starts its go time.

Sorry but I just had to throw this in :). Proceed.

Reg Force
(1)Infantry-got my pic
(2)Artillery soldier-got this pic as well
(3)Military police-did not get this pic
CFAT-2014-6-24-passed
medical-2014-6-24-passed
interview-2014-6-24-passed
swarn in-still to be done
BMQ-still to be done

over all I have been excited. can any one tell me when dose BMQ start and how many courses are their threw out a year 

According to my file manager the next selection for Infantry is the start of August. By mid-August if you were selected you should receive "the call", I hope this alleviates your anxiety! I'm waiting for Infantry myself; good luck!

Selections are currently being done for August 4th BMQ (combat arms included)

Jeff.Beach said:
Reg Force
(1)Infantry-got my pic
(2)Artillery soldier-got this pic as well
(3)Military police-did not get this pic
CFAT-2014-6-24-passed
medical-2014-6-24-passed
interview-2014-6-24-passed
swarn in-still to be done
BMQ-still to be done

over all I have been excited. can any one tell me when dose BMQ start and how many courses are their threw out a year

Im not trying to be a grammar nazi, but I have no clue how you passed your CFAT if you cant distinguish between 'does' and 'dose'.... Same for 'threw' and 'through[out]' (its one word).

A helpful tip, though, follow the same format for your step by step progress that everyone else uses. It makes it a little easier to understand what you're trying to imply.

Ill do it for you so you can just copy and paste..

Trade choice 1 - Infantryman
Trade choice 2 - Artillery crewman
Trade choice 3 - Military Police (not acceptable)
Recruiting centre - (?????)
Reg Force/Reserves - RegF
Date applied - (?????)
Files sent to NB - (?????)
File sent to CFRC - (?????)
First contact - (?????)
Reliability screening - (?????)
CFAT - 24 JUN 2014
Medical - 24 JUN 2014
Interview - 24 JUN 2014
Job offer - N/A
Swearing in - N/A
BMQ starts - N/A

Edit: missed some points on the signature suggestion.

A nice clarification on what you mean by "got this pick" would be incredible. Clearing that up would be excellent.

Did your CFAT score qualify you for the two but not MP? Or were you 'merit listed' for two but not the other?

steiner0400 said:
Im not trying to be a grammar nazi, but I have no clue how you passed your CFAT if you cant distinguish between 'does' and 'dose'.... Same for 'threw' and 'through[out]' (its one word).

A helpful tip, though, follow the same format for your step by step progress that everyone else uses. It makes it a little easier to understand what you're trying to imply.

Ill do it for you so you can just copy and paste..

Trade choice 1 - Infantryman
Trade choice 2 - Artillery crewman
Trade choice 3 - Military Police (not acceptable)
Recruiting centre - (?????)
Reg Force/Reserves - RegF
Date applied - (?????)
Files sent to NB - (?????)
File sent to CFRC - (?????)
First contact - (?????)
Reliability screening - (?????)
CFAT - 24 JUN 2014
Medical - 24 JUN 2014
Interview - 24 JUN 2014
Job offer - N/A
Swearing in - N/A
BMQ starts - N/A

Edit: missed some points on the signature suggestion.

((((Jeff.Beach)))))Oh i have an Iphone and it likes to make little auto correct. and i do not need to write down every little thing about my application mister

WarPig198908 said:
((((Jeff.Beach)))))Oh i have an Iphone and it likes to make little auto correct. and i do not need to write down every little thing about my application mister

I don't think being on an iphone is a valid excuse. I send hundreds of emails from my iPhone everyday and the spelling and grammar are far more correct then the language you displayed. An iPhone will not change through to threw or does to dose. Capitalization and punctuation go along way to helping people understand what you are trying to say.

KerryBlue said:
I don't think being on an iphone is a valid excuse. I send hundreds of emails from my iPhone everyday and the spelling and grammar are far more correct then the language you displayed. An iPhone will not change through to threw or does to dose. Capitalization and punctuation go along way to helping people understand what you are trying to say.

It's ok I know your trying to sound smarter then me and that really doesn't pay off trying to be in the military but yea sounds like you just don't under stand me but maybe I was excited and typed it up really fast and my auto correct replaced it on me. But hey your the person who knows every thing sorry bub

Jeff.b said:
It's ok I know your trying to sound smarter then me and that really doesn't pay off trying to be in the military but yea sounds like you just don't under stand me but maybe I was excited and typed it up really fast and my auto correct replaced it on me. But hey your the person who knows every thing sorry bub
Just remember you were not their when I wrote it you were not leaning over my shoulder watching me type that so you should be a little more Curtis bub

Jeff.b said:
Just remember you were not their when I wrote it you were not leaning over my shoulder watching me type that so you should be a little more Curtis bub

LOL

I am sure he has no aspirations of being a little Curtis; whoever that may be.

Jeff.b

Go back and look at what you have written. 

Jeff.b said:

I think he was going for: "Just remember, you were not there when I wrote it. You were not leaning over my shoulder watching me type that. So, maybe you should be a little more courteous buddy."

@Jeff.b You mad bro?

On my way home from work I drove by a guy who was in his uniform, I was pretty envious..... Still haven't heard anything from my Recruiting Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back