• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zell_Dietrich said:
Recruiting Center: Toronto, Ontario
Regular/Reserve:  Reserve
Officer/NCM:  Officer
Trade Choice 1:  Comm. Reserve
Trade Choice 2: 
Trade Choice 3: 
Application Date: January 24, 2006 (I tried to get ahold of the recruiter for the unit in December)
First Contact:  January 23, 2006
Aptitude Test Completed:  June 1, 2006
Interview Completed:  February 30th (unit), June 12, 2006
PT Test Completed:  February 15, 2006
Medical Test Completed :  June 12, 2006

Conditional Offer Of Enrollment: June 1
Enrollment Date:  Sept 8, 2006
Basic Training Begins:  Sept 29, 2006

So around 9-10 months.... I could of had a baby :-D  Looking back it wasn't so bad.  I would have felt alot better about the whole thing if people would have just been honest with me and told me when they would really get back to me.

Given how many variables are involved, it would be impossible for them to give you an accurate date, and when that expectation wasn't met, you'd be disappointed. At least this way, you had a general idea that it would be 3 months to 2 years, depending on what set of circumstances came up. Your 9-10 months fell into that range, and they were 'right' ... Doesn't do you much good, but at least you didn't quit the process because you weren't finished by X month, and they said you would be.

Recruiting Center: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Regular/Reserve:  regular
Officer/NCM:  NCM
Trade Choice 1:  Infantry
Trade Choice 2:  crewman
Trade Choice 3: N/A
Application Date:  July, 2006
First Contact: one week after I submitted my application.
Aptitude Test Completed: june 2005
Interview Completed: july 24, 2006
PT Test Completed:  july 27,2006
Medical Test Completed:  july 24, 2006

Conditional Offer of Enrollment: september 19, 2006
Swearing in Date: october 4, 2006
Basic Training Begins:  october 16, 2006

pylon said:
No worries....  Good luck in the process no matter what you're doing .

kc

Thanks. I was told my file cleared just fine, and when I bumped into the recruiter of the unit shopping, he said I was one of the first applicants for the BMQ/SQ coop I'm taking to pass all testing.

:salute:

luciano said:
I ship out on the 7th and start BMQ on Oct. 9th. It took a little longer than expected but worth the wait. Hope fully you'll hear soon. Good Luck

where are you doing your BMQ?

Going RegF Armoured Recce. Leaving to Saint-Jean on Oct 7 and start on the 9th. See you ladies there> :p :cdn:

Just checked the profiles of both luciano and Xfire and found out that luciano lives 30 min from where I live and Xfire and I have chosen the same trade. Armoured Recce all the way baby!!! See you guys on Oct 9.

UPDATE

Recruiting Centre: Montreal
Component: Regular, NCM
Trade Choice 1: NES op (276)
Trade Choice 2: x
Trade Choice 3: x
Application Date: Dec 05
Medical: March 06
Interview: March 06
Physical: March 06
Position Offered: NES OP, LS
Basic Training: Bypass basic

johodamofo said:
Just checked the profiles of both luciano and Xfire and found out that luciano lives 30 min from where I live and Xfire and I have chosen the same trade. Armoured Recce all the way baby!!! See you guys on Oct 9.

im going to gagetown for my BMQ

Finally got a chance to drop my file off  ;D

Recruting Center: Winnipeg
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: LCIS TECH 227
Trade Choice 2: COMBAT ENGINEER 043
Trade Choice 3: NAVAL ELECTRONICS TECH (TACTICAL) 285
Application Date: Sept 23, 2006
First Contact: Waiting.
Med, aptitude completed : TBA
PT Test completed: TBA
Interview completed: TBA
Position Offered: TBA
Basic Training Begins: TBA

Recruiting Center: Moncton
Regular/Reserve: Reg F
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO re-enrollment)
Trade Choice 1: INT
Trade Choice 2: SIGS
Trade Choice 3: NONE
Application Date: 21 Jun 2006

Contacts:
- 30 Jun 2006, CFRC/D received my pers file.
- 3 Jul 2006, CFRC/D needed add'l info to request my med docs.  I provided it immediately. 
- 14 Jul 2006, Advised by CFRC/D that in order to be selected for INT I'd need to provide add'l information/certification, etc.  I provided it to them the next day.
- 7 Sep 2006, Called by CFRC/D.  My OMDs have arrived.  Huzzah!  Med and Interview scheduled.

Aptitude completed:
- Waived, in theory, but I've been advised I may be requested to write it again.
- 27 Sep 2006.  CFAT is now officially waived.  My prior scores qualified me for both INT and SIGS and the CFAT is good for 5 years.

Med completed:
- 27 Sep 2006.  Complete.  No issues at all, no doctor's notes required.

Interview completed:
- 27 Sep 2006.  Complete.  A "grueling" one and a half hour interview. :) It went extremely well.  I will be listed for both INT and SIGS although I've been advised that my odds for INT are slim.  As it was put to me, the door is almost closed but it isn't quite locked.  One issue, beyond not being very competitive for a very demanding board, is that the INT board sits after the DEO board so it seems probable that I'll get an offer for SIGS before the INT board even sits so I'd be taking a heck of a risk in turning down SIGS to wait it out for INT.

PT Test completed:
- 27 Sep 2006. Waived since the new directive 1 Oct 2006 makes it no longer necessary.  Advised to continue training as CF Express will be done early in BOTC and failure will result in placement on a Warrior Platoon.  I'm not at all worried about passing the test in Basic.

Position Offered: -
Enrollment Date: -
Basic Training: -

Current Status: I was hoping that some of my "soft" qualifications would count for more towards INT, so I'm a little disappointed that my odds are so slim since I have a great passion to be an INT O.  However, adapt and overcome.  I have no doubt that SIGS will be a very interesting career and assuming that in three years I still want to do INT I can always OT.  The MCC confirmed that as of current policy, it is acceptable to OT from SIGS to INT.  Now playing the waiting game for news about selection and/or an actual offer.

Recruting Center: Kingston
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Unit: Hastings Prince Edward Regiment (Belleville)
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: N/A
Trade Choice 3: N/A
Application Date: Dec 16, 2005
First Contact: February 11, 2006
Med, aptitude completed : October 4, 2006
PT Test completed: N/A
Interview completed: October 4, 2006
Position Offered: N/A
Basic Training Begins: N/A

Recruting Center: Winnipeg
Trade Choice 1:  Infantry
Trade Choice 2:  Fire Ftr
Trade Choice 3:  n/a
Application Date: Sept 28, 2006
First Contact: waiting
Med, aptitude completed : waiting
PT Test completed: waiting
Interview completed: waiting
Position Offered: waiting
Basic Training Begins: waiting

20 MONTHS AND WAITING FOR THAT SECURITY CLEARENCE (BEEN LIVING OUTSIDE CANADA) BUT DAMMIT AINT NOTHING STOPPING ME, OTHER THAN DEATH BY OLD AGE!  :salute: :rage: :salute:  :)

Magravan said:
Recruting Center: Toronto
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade Choice 1: Air Nav (Pending Retest in January)
Trade Choice 2: Armour
Trade Choice 3: Artillery

Application Date: May 26, 2006
First Contact: Early June (I don't recall the exact date)
Aptitude completed : June 21st
Medical #1 completed: July 19th
Interview completed: July 19th (Seemed weird that my interview came before my PT test)
Medical#2/Eye exam: August 1st
PT Test completed: August 1st

ASC Date: Sept 18th - 22nd (Failed both Pilot and Air Nav)

2nd Interview: Oct 26th

Position Offered: Waiting
Basic Training Begins: Waiting

Recruiting Centre: Calgary
Component: Regular Force
Trade Choice 1: Firefighter
Trade Choice 2: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Trade Choice 3: Armoured Soilder
Application Date: October 9, 2006
First Contact: pending
Medical Exam Completed: pending
Aptitude Exam Completed : pending
Interview Completed: pending
Position Offered: pending
BMQ Start Date: pending

LeonTheNeon said:
Aptitude completed:
- Waived, in theory, but I've been advised I may be requested to write it again.
- 27 Sep 2006.  CFAT is now officially waived.  My prior scores qualified me for both INT and SIGS and the CFAT is good for 5 years.

Was it the CFRC who told you the test is good for 5 years?  I was told the score is good for life.

ark said:
Was it the CFRC who told you the test is good for 5 years?  I was told the score is good for life.

Ark

I think someone misled you or you misinterpreted what was said.  If you OT or CT into another Trade, you will have to do a CFAT, even if you have done one before.

George Wallace said:
Ark

I think someone misled you or you misinterpreted what was said.  If you OT or CT, you will have to do a CFAT, even if you have done one before.

I did an OT (Res) after 3 years into a trade that required a higher CFAT than my first trade and at the time I was told my initial score was good enough. Now I am CTing into Reg Force and once again my new occupation requires a higher CFAT than my current occupation but I was still informed that my initial CFAT is still good enough.

My initial test was done more than 5 years ago. That is why I want to make sure what are his sources as my CFRC informed me the score is good for life...unless I am applying for a trade which requires a higher score than what I have achieved in which case I may be given another shot at the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back