• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scoobydude said:
Recruiting Center: CFRC Vancouver
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Application Date: December 2011
First contact: January 2012
Appointment Scheduled: February 2012
CFAT: March 2012
Interview: March 2012
Medical: March 2012
References Contacted: Waiting
Merit listed: Waiting
Position offered: Waiting
Sworn in: Waiting
Basic Training Begins: Waiting

I forgot to mention my application was originally for the reserves (Crewman) but I had it switched to regular because the trade I was originally interested in opened up :) As well as after my Interview/Medical and CFAT (which was all in the same day) I was  told that they would call some time in May-june. Of course thats If I am selected, the Cpt. who conducted my interview stated I was a competitive applicant. Im not sure how much that really actually means but lets hope it carries some weight.

It's amazing how all these people have RegF NCM trades such as Infantry and Armoured Soldier and were processed, yet CFRC Vancouver since about October of last year said INF was open for about a month and very few selections and Armoured has always been closed every time I ask them about it. What's the deal? Forces.ca also lists them as not accepting applications since the last eclipse it seems. It'd be nice if I could carry on my family legacy of being Strathconas but not everyone gets what they want (it is my dream CF job but it's always been closed on my end, however I do fancy many other trades).

Trade Choice 1: Traffic Tech
Trade Choice 2: Ammo Tech
Trade Choice 3: Combat Engineer
Application Date: 14 March 2008/06 April 2010/17 November 2010
First contact: 05 January 2011
Appointment Scheduled: 05 Jan 2011
CFAT: 14 Mar 2011
Medical: 18 March 2011
Interview: 23 April 2012
References Contacted: 20 April 2011/02 May 2012

JorgSlice said:
It's amazing how all these people have RegF NCM trades such as Infantry and Armoured Soldier and were processed, yet CFRC Vancouver since about October of last year said INF was open for about a month and very few selections and Armoured has always been closed every time I ask them about it. What's the deal? Forces.ca also lists them as not accepting applications since the last eclipse it seems. It'd be nice if I could carry on my family legacy of being Strathconas but not everyone gets what they want (it is my dream CF job but it's always been closed on my end, however I do fancy many other trades).

Trade Choice 1: Traffic Tech
Trade Choice 2: Ammo Tech
Trade Choice 3: Combat Engineer
Application Date: 14 March 2008/06 April 2010/17 November 2010
First contact: 05 January 2011
Appointment Scheduled: 05 Jan 2011
CFAT: 14 Mar 2011
Medical: 18 March 2011
Interview: 23 April 2012
References Contacted: 20 April 2011/02 May 2012

Its funny because I was wondering the exact same thing, I think it all just depends on the recruiting centre.

Recruiting Center: Applied online (CFB Kingston)
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Application Date: March 11th, 2012
First Contact: April 11th, 2012
Aptitude Test: April 25th
Medical: June 6th
Interview: June 6th
Merit Listed: N/A
Position Offered: N/A
Enrollment/Swear in: N/A
Basic Training Begins: N/A

Scoobydude said:
    I forgot to mention my application was originally for the reserves (Crewman) but I had it switched to regular because the trade I was originally interested in opened up :) As well as after my Interview/Medical and CFAT (which was all in the same day) I was  told that they would call some time in May-june.

May/June for C.E? I've heard from a few people engineer selections arnt untill August? anyone else hear this?

Also, just curious, you mentioned switching to reg force because of C.E, why didnt you want to work as a crewman in the reg?

Recruiting Centre: Online App - Newfoundland
Trade 1: Infantry
Trade 2: Med tech
Trade 3: Intell Op
Application Date: May 17, 2012
First Contact: ---Waiting---
CFAT: ---Waiting---
Medical: ---Waiting---
Interview: ---Waiting---
Merit Listed : ---Waiting---
Position Offered: ---Waiting---
Enrolment: ---Waiting---
Swearing in: ---Waiting---
BMQ: ---Waiting---

Mushroom said:
May/June for C.E? I've heard from a few people engineer selections arnt untill August? anyone else hear this?

Also, just curious, you mentioned switching to reg force because of C.E, why didnt you want to work as a crewman in the reg?

Haha I was told I'd get a call May/June, but who knows, could be August :p Reg Crewman isn't open, I was going for Res Crewman you see. I want to be in the forces as a full time job not just as a part time, partially why I had the switch.

Where did you hear that C.E selection is in August?

I was also told during my interview for C.E. that the next selection date was in August. However, there is always the possiblity of earlier placement due to spots being open, etc.

Scoobydude said:
Where did you hear that C.E selection is in August?

I got August from a few members on the board as well as working at DND I've heard some things on the matter which was reaffirmed (or at least in my head) when I spoke to my file manager on Monday to make sure all my paperwork was in order and he said I was fine but even if I wasn't selections were not for awhile. But who knows, the military isn't known for its organizational skills.

Mushroom said:
I got August from a few members on the board as well as working at DND I've heard some things on the matter which was reaffirmed (or at least in my head) when I spoke to my file manager on Monday to make sure all my paperwork was in order and he said I was fine but even if I wasn't selections were not for awhile. But who knows, the military isn't known for its organizational skills.

Hmm well I see, that makes a lot of sense. Well thank you for that bit of information, I have been trying to contact my recruiting centre just to clarify some things but its been proving to be hassle. No one ever answers the phone and if I leave a message obviously no one is going to actually reply back to it, but I leave a message regardless just in case.

Trade Choice 3: Armored Soldier
Application Date: December 21st, 2011
First Contact: April 6th, 2012
Aptitude Test: April 19th, 2012
Medical: May 8th, 2012
Interview: May 8th, 2012
Merit Listed: Waiting
Position Offered: Waiting
Enrollment/Swear in: Waiting

The Captain that interviewed me told me that the selections for infantry are in June, August and November. The combat engineer selection is in August.  Best of luck to all!

Ryan28 said:
Trade Choice 3: Armored Soldier
Application Date: December 21st, 2011
First Contact: April 6th, 2012
Aptitude Test: April 19th, 2012
Medical: May 8th, 2012
Interview: May 8th, 2012
Merit Listed: Waiting
Position Offered: Waiting
Enrollment/Swear in: Waiting

The Captain that interviewed me told me that the selections for infantry are in June, August and November. The combat engineer selection is in August. From what I can tell the chances of getting into the infantry are slim at the moment so don't hold your breath. Best of luck to all!

CFRC Van let you select Armoured!? WHY!? Why does this always happen when I change my trade selections!? They're not supposed to be accepting applications  :mad: as per forces.ca .... Not fair at all. Oh well, at least I can go be a Traffic Tech or other for a number of years and see if I'm still agile enough to go roll with the Cats  ;)

They didn't say they were taking armored or not. But since they let me apply for it I am guessing they are. As for forces.ca I would take their postings with a grain of salt. The site says they are not taking infantry, but they are. Always check with the recruiting center.

Ryan28 said:
They didn't say they were taking armored or not. But since they let me apply for it I am guessing they are. As for forces.ca I would take their postings with a grain of salt. The site says they are not taking infantry, but they are. Always check with the recruiting center.

Well any time I even put a closed trade as #3 they said "You can't, it's closed..." etc.

Forces.ca is current and reflects the CFRG(National) trade openings. They said "don't get your hopes up for Infantry" because the spot(s) probably only opened because someone VR'd out of basic or retired. As far as I was aware, Infantry is still over their "war footing" (I think it's called a Manning Limit now right?).

It's too late for me to go and change to Armoured even if it was accepting, I've already done my interview and in the process of being merit listed etc. They wouldn't be happy if I asked them to change it... again.

Ryan28 said:

I find the website is not accurate. Every time when the website says accepting applications, my local RC says its closed. When i call the national RC they always say "check the website, its pretty accurate"

JorgSlice said:
Well any time I even put a closed trade as #3 they said "You can't, it's closed..." etc.

Forces.ca is current and reflects the CFRG(National) trade openings. They said "don't get your hopes up for Infantry" because the spot(s) probably only opened because someone VR'd out of basic or retired. As far as I was aware, Infantry is still over their "war footing" (I think it's called a Manning Limit now right?).

It's too late for me to go and change to Armoured even if it was accepting, I've already done my interview and in the process of being merit listed etc. They wouldn't be happy if I asked them to change it... again.

You are right, i have tried adding second and third choice and they said i have to wait till they get opened.

I had the exact same thing happen to me with CFRC Vancouver, I find it interesting how some people get to apply for trades that are closed and others are flat out told you can't. I've also had a recruiter say " the website is pathetically out dated" yet when I phone the centre I'm told to just look on the site. To me it seems like it all depends on your luck as to who is working the day you phone.

Scoobydude said:
I had the exact same thing happen to me with CFRC Vancouver, I find it interesting how some people get to apply for trades that are closed and others are flat out told you can't. I've also had a recruiter say " the website is pathetically out dated" yet when I phone the centre I'm told to just look on the site. To me it seems like it all depends on your luck as to who is working the day you phone.

That is true.
Also different RCs give different answers. My local RC would tell me a selection date then i called a different RC and the recruiter right away looked up and told me the selection date.

Recruiting center: applied online, application transferred to the Hamilton Recruiting Center
Trade 1: Artillery soldier
Trade 2: Infantry soldier
Trade 3: N/A
Date applied: April 23rd, 2012
Date contacted: May 2nd, 2012
Aptitude, Medical and Interview: May 24th, 2012

I hope everything goes well! I am really excited! It seems to be moving rather quickly which is fantastic, though I have been informed about the hurry up and wait theme with the recruiting centers. :)

joljenni said:
Recruiting center: applied online, application transferred to the Hamilton Recruiting Center
Trade 1: Artillery soldier
Trade 2: Infantry soldier
Trade 3: N/A
Date applied: April 23rd, 2012
Date contacted: May 2nd, 2012
Aptitude, Medical and Interview: May 24th, 2012

I hope everything goes well! I am really excited! It seems to be moving rather quickly which is fantastic, though I have been informed about the hurry up and wait theme with the recruiting centers. :)

Wow that is quick. Same RC as you, everyone there is very nice and seem to try there best to help you out. Hopefully the trend of a speedy process continues for ya. best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back