• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application & Dual Citizenship

bench247

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I submitted an online application to the CAF. On the paper application it asks for "other nationalities". By birth I hold a Russian citizenship. Will I have to renounce foreign nationalities, or will this just cause me to have to go through a "Pre-Sec Interview".

Thanks,

Not yet Private Dave

bench247 said:
Hello,

I submitted an online application to the CAF. On the paper application it asks for "other nationalities". By birth I hold a Russian citizenship. Will I have to renounce foreign nationalities, or will this just cause me to have to go through a "Pre-Sec Interview"?

Thanks,

Not yet Private Dave

You do not have to denounce your Russian citizenship. Canadians are permitted to have duo-citizenship.

bench247 said:
Hello,

I submitted an online application to the CAF. On the paper application it asks for "other nationalities". By birth I hold a Russian citizenship. Will I have to renounce foreign nationalities, or will this just cause me to have to go through a "Pre-Sec Interview".

Thanks,

Not yet Private Dave

Please see the information provided at Step # 6 of our website  ---->  http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100#tab7

You may be required to complete the Pre-Security Clearance Questionnaire as part of your initial processing.  This questionnaire will be used to determine whether or not a Pre-Security Screening will be required as part of your processing.

There is no requirement for "dual nationals" to renounce their other recognized citizenships.

Back