• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AOR Replacement & the Joint Support Ship (Merged Threads)

What I’d like for the government to do is that once a decision is made then stick with it.

Also they should do a deep dive in how much of Canada is involved in subcontracting of major defence projects and that we are already getting industrial offsets and don’t have to go through the Canadianization dog and pony show.

What I’d like for the government to do is that once a decision is made then stick with it.

Also they should do a deep dive in how much of Canada is involved in subcontracting of major defence projects and that we are already getting industrial offsets and don’t have to go through the Canadianization dog and pony show.
You mean making sure the offsets are in the defense industry instead of a French fry plant in Alberta being an offset by Irving?

any jobs created due to procurement that occur outside of government at least means that there has been progress on the file. Now if only we could reduce the time from 20 yrs to 15 yrs

And extended:

OTTAWA, Aug. 29, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Federal Fleet Services (FFS) announced today that the Government of Canada has confirmed a two-year extension to the At-Sea Support Services Contract for the combat support ship, m/v Asterix. The m/v Asterix has been providing exemplary worldwide service to the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) since her deployment in 2018.

Over the past five years, Asterix has performed flawlessly in NATO and allied operations from the Arabian Gulf to East Africa and the Korean peninsula supporting a variety of missions from counterterrorism to sanction enforcement. The vessel has not experienced a single day of unscheduled downtime, testament to the high quality of the crew, the ship and its systems. Asterix has been widely lauded by global allied navies and described as setting the “gold standard” in naval procurement.

More on link above.

Over the past five years, Asterix has performed flawlessly in NATO and allied operations from the Arabian Gulf to East Africa and the Korean peninsula supporting a variety of missions from counterterrorism to sanction enforcement. The vessel has not experienced a single day of unscheduled downtime, testament to the high quality of the crew, the ship and its systems. Asterix has been widely lauded by global allied navies and described as setting the “gold standard” in naval procurement.
Was this from the GoC infosystem, or FFS? If it was GoC that is one hell of a climb down from when they were railroading Norman! LOL!

Was this from the GoC infosystem, or FFS? If it was GoC that is one hell of a climb down from when they were railroading Norman! LOL!

Im just quoting the article. I have no idea where the statement comes from. Could be FFS its self.

Here is a second article:

The Globe Newswire presser, incorporated verbatim in the Observer article is the press release of FFS simply put in to generate content. The Gist of the article and the attribution of quotes to FFS CEO, together with the FFS CEO contact info at the end makes that clear.

Doesn't mean what is said is wrong ... nor does it means that it is all right either. ;)

That is definitely from Federal Fleets propaganda arm.

The Globe Newswire presser, incorporated verbatim in the Observer article is the press release of FFS simply put in to generate content. The Gist of the article and the attribution of quotes to FFS CEO, together with the FFS CEO contact info at the end makes that clear.

Doesn't mean what is said is wrong ... nor does it means that it is all right either. ;)

I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle. Either way, I am glad to see we will still have RAS capability moving forward while JSS continues being built.

I notice in the original article I posted the title continues to state an option to buy.

This strike by the Seaspan tugboaters is impacting the work on the AOR. I don't disagree on the Judge ruling as the logic is sound. I understand why the union is doing this as Seaspan Management has a rep for being a tough nut. I wonder how long it will last and if the government will pressure the Shipyard to negotiate? A judge did declare that the Union could not block the naval stuff in Esquimalt.

Not just the AOR. The picket lines at Victoria Shipyard were not crossed for a week further delaying the delivery of HMCS Regina back to the fleet from her docking work period.

Not just the AOR. The picket lines at Victoria Shipyard were not crossed for a week further delaying the delivery of HMCS Regina back to the fleet from her docking work period.
I know know what you Naval folks mean by DWP...
I have earned something today and now headed back to bed ;)

I know know what you Naval folks mean by DWP...
I have earned something today and now headed back to bed ;)
Don't worry, soon we'll start calling them 'refits' again, because the ships are so worn out we need to change back to the older repair philosophies, and stop pretending it will be a 6-8 month time out.

Don't worry, soon we'll start calling them 'refits' again, because the ships are so worn out we need to change back to the older repair philosophies, and stop pretending it will be a 6-8 month time out.
Regina was delayed 4 months. Basically screwed the West Coast Opsched for the next three years. Which is fine by me. Fix the problems, then get the ship back. Engineering has been complaining about half assed jobs for years.

Back