• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone in Lancaster Park lose their dog??

mckie0514

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a dog here that isn't mine.  If your dog got out, let me know and if your description fits, I'll contact you so that you can come get it.

You could bring it to the humane society, so they can check it for ID (like a microchip or a tattoo) and put it up on their website. :D

I could, but I don't want him in the pound.  He's such a wonderful dog.  We're still asking around to see if he has been missed.  Some people seem to think that his owners were posted and they left him behind :(

The dogs from Lancaster park do not go to the pound. They go to the Humane society, where they are well taken care of and eventually if no one claims them, they may find a new home. The least you can do at this point is take it to a vet and have them check for a microchip or a tattoo. I would be pretty heart broken if someone just kept my dog when it ran away, because it's a nice dog. But if you do keep the dog, please make sure it is spayed or neutered, licensed and has all its shots.

We already checked for a tattoo, and he doesn't have one.  I'm calling our vet today to see how much it will be to have him scanned for a ship.  If he's not claimed, we have had a lot of offer from friends that will take him.  He's worth a lot of money, so I would think he's belongs to someone.  I know when our dog got out I was greatfull the the finders didn't take her to the humane society...I couldn't afford the bill.

It shouldn't cost you anything to get him scanned for a chip.

I hope you can find his owners..I am sure they are missing him quite a bit.

Called the vet and there is no charge to scan him for a chip.  Put up posters arounf the area too.  I'm sure someone is very sad

Ok I haven't been to Lancaster Park in a LONG (1992) time...but the last time I was there it was an airfield right by DZ Buxton (I remember, I hit that DZ real hard and spent some time in the hospital at Lancaster...)

What's there now??  There are dogs running around on the airfield/DZ???

Lancaster Park is the PMQ area at what used to be known as CFB Namao, now CFB Edmonton.

Back