• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone else joining the Rhileys from Hamilton?

charlee

Inactive
Reaction score
I just passed the fitness test a few days ago, and have my medical, CFAT and interview completed.  I'm just waiting for the call now for the course in September.  Is anyone else joining the Rhileys, and have you guys received your call yet?

Anyone know if they are recruiting a lot?  That's what I've been told by a member of the Argyles.

Should I bug the recruiter for RHLI now telling him I have all the tests completed?

I called about 3 weeks ago and left a message about wanting to join. Haven't heard anything back. When/ How did you get in touch with the recruiter?

I plan on joining RHLI when i reach the age of 17.

And it's Rileys not Rhileys (Royal Hamilton Light Infantry) :p.

Look at the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada's site, (© 2009 – 20010) they're from the future!

Paul_Ontario said:
I plan on joining RHLI when i reach the age of 17.

And it's Rileys not Rhileys (Royal Hamilton Light Infantry) :p.

Look at the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada's site, (© 2009 – 20010) they're from the future!

Would it not be Rhileys....R(oyal)_h(amilton)_i_l(ight infantry)_eys......

Just being Facetious.....

the 48th regulator said:
BAh,

The internet is full of lies!
Regimental nicknames of the Canadian Forces
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regimental_nicknames_of_the_Canadian_Forces
or:
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/79569.0.html

The Royal Hamilton Light Infantry (Wentworth Regiment) The Rileys, from “RHLI”

also known as:

The Rock Hudson Light Infantry

;D

mwc said:
I called about 3 weeks ago and left a message about wanting to join. Haven't heard anything back. When/ How did you get in touch with the recruiter?

Call on Tuesdays (their parade night) when the recruiter is in.  I called in over a month ago and he said there were spots available for the course starting in September.

Ya called Tuesday night a few times, no answer. Maybe try next week, if not hope they got my message.

Most Hamilton area units are on summer stand-down at the moment,
Try calling their Orderly Room during working hours ( PRIOR to 3pm ) and asking to have the Recruiter call you back....

SB

Update:

I just got an e-mail from the RHLI recruiter for my enrollment date!  I am so happy!  The process was actually a lot quicker than I thought.

Just a question:  Is it weird that I didn't get a phone call?  I received an e-mail only.

;D

charlee said:
Update:

I just got an e-mail from the RHLI recruiter for my enrollment date!  I am so happy!  The process was actually a lot quicker than I thought.

Just a question:  Is it weird that I didn't get a phone call?  I received an e-mail only.

;D

I'll be seeing you there bud....I called and spoke to the Cpl. and he told me I will be enrolled as well, however I have yet to receive the email [he said he'd send it out this week or next].

According to the Cpl. we start in October though, and we'll be training all the weekends in Oct except Thanksgiving [bye bye Halloween :(]

dangles said:
we'll be training all the weekends in Oct except Thanksgiving [bye bye Halloween :(]

Halloween is on a Monday this year......

PMedMoe said:
Halloween is on a Monday this year......

Yeah I figure all the parties will be going on the Fri-Sun before though...I'm too old to trick or treat, I was just looking forward to the  beers. :cheers:

dangles said:
I'll be seeing you there bud....I called and spoke to the Cpl. and he told me I will be enrolled as well, however I have yet to receive the email [he said he'd send it out this week or next].

According to the Cpl. we start in October though, and we'll be training all the weekends in Oct except Thanksgiving [bye bye Halloween :(]

Congrat's to both of you! But as above states.. you'll have your Halloween lmfao

- Mike

Just found this, no doubt there were some Rileys involved:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lfca_multimedia/sets/72157626990744843/

dangles said:

Yes, the course starts in October.  We are given the schedule for the weekend training in the e-mail.

There was no mention of coming to the parade nights on Tuesdays.  Does this mean showing up on Tuesdays is not a requirement until we complete SQ?

charlee said:
Yes, the course starts in October.  We are given the schedule for the weekend training in the e-mail.

There was no mention of coming to the parade nights on Tuesdays.  Does this mean showing up on Tuesdays is not a requirement until we complete SQ?

I don't know I have a friend in the Rileys who says we will parade, but I also heard that we won't be able to parade until we are qualified....so there's definitely some conflicting answers there....either way works for me though.

dangles said:
I don't know I have a friend in the Rileys who says we will parade, but I also heard that we won't be able to parade until we are qualified....so there's definitely some conflicting answers there....either way works for me though.

Just to further add, I asked the Cpl. if we were going to be receiving our kit that day and he replied "You will be sided only."

No idea what that means....can any army types elaborate for me please?

Back