• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any one here with the RCR or 48th reserve units?

Alex252

Inactive
Reaction score
I would just like to know the info about basic, the men, what the experience is like etc...Just pm me if youd like

Right here mate, ask me what you like.

I am sure there are many amongst us that has served wtih both that can help you!

Dileas Gu Brath
Pro Patria

tess

Ok well first things first thanks for replying
1) What is the training like for a reserve infantryman it sounds great
2) What are the men like are they good leaders or some gung ho loser
3) How often are you in the field i know you just did Stalwaert Guardian
4) Its a little silly i know but do you have to wear a kilt?

lemme start by going backwards

4) IT ain't silly, and yes we wear a kilt proudly!   I come from an Italian background and look for every opportunity to wear one, trust me you will dig it!! Chicks love a kilt
3) we parade every Friday and go out 1 or 2 weekends a month
2)   What are we Like?? Toss out the Gung Ho shite, we are in it for a good time, not a long time, seriously come down and visit, even before you join!! You will feel very welcome!
1) The training?   WE BREAK YOU UNTIL YOU CONFORM INTO A BEING A ROBOT! hehehe as I said before we go out for a good time, not to bust someones chops. We train and do it the right way, work smarter not harder I always say!

Feel free to MSG me if you have any specific points to discuss, as I said we parade every Friday night, tuesay is admin night, out of Moss Park Armouries in Toronto.   Come by and  visit the mess if you want to get the real feel of who we are.

cheers
tess

As it applies to 4RCR:

1) The training is really good. If you like using guns and don't mind walking, the light infantry is a good go. I especially enjoy FIBUA training.
2) Overall, there are good leaders who are more interested in the success of the unit than making themselves look good. There is a strong (and still growing) sense of esprit de corps.
3) Training in garrison every Thursday, field exercises or range shoots one or two weekends a month.
4) RCR doesn't wear kilts.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks both of you i just have a one more question right now if you dont mind
1) Im a little bigger than most people my age (weight) its not anything unhealthy just looks bad but ive still got a good motivation and i dont wussy out. Will this be a bad thing in the recruting process

you shouldn't have anything to worry about if you've been training for the physical test.  Better yet for basic traing

get down and give it a try, you will find that you will get in shape after a summer's worth of training, plus a kilt makes you look slim.

It all about the vertical lines.

tess
:salute:

4) RCR doesn't wear kilts.

Pity, some of 2nd Bn do. You will find that a number of The RCR who have served in 48th first. There was a time when the Sergeants Mess's of the 1st Bn The RCR and the 48th exchanged visits, we have a 1st Bn pennant in a case in our mess. As to size ask Tess about one of the WOs in the 48th I would swear he is over 6'-6" tall.

Yep W.O Langstroff (Hope i spelt that right, otherwise Dave will kill me!), he has not been in for while, but you may see him time to time on certain army forums.  Big fella, and very knowledable about the military, especially weapons if I recall.  He was a weapons tech if I am not mistaken.  But he wa also an armourer, made these beutiful knives once, all hand made.

Anyhoo if there is anyone that would know about the regiment, Art is defeinatley the man!  Check out his website

http://dileas.mapleleafup.org/honour.htm

tess.

I was a member in 1 RCR 1994-2000 I would be please to answer any other questions you may have.

1) What is the training like for a reserve infantryman it sounds great
sierra always got jacked, don't ya beach? don't lie, you guys did. tango company was the better of the two! but for tango company we were usually doing hand to hand combat training, fibua in the armouries (I miss those, they were a blast), doing forced marches around town, learning whatever the training phase was at the time (wether it be defensive, offensive, winter warfare, etc.). it was a lot of good fun.
2) What are the men like are they good leaders or some gung ho loser
I liked pretty much all the sgt's in 4, I knew a couple of masterjack's from the 48th's we always talked when we saw each other. over in 4 not matter how hard and scary they attempted to look, they still cared about the troops. some of them will never admit it, but they do.
3) How often are you in the field i know you just did Stalwaert Guardian
like beach said, usually once a month or so. they're in the offence phase right now if I'm not mistaken? so lots of advance to contacts and stuff like that
4) Its a little silly i know but do you have to wear a kilt?
what wrong with the kilt? I'd wear one if they told me to.
Greg

OK Yeoman, back in October I actually believed what I said. As for my first and second points, well, things have changed a bit... (S Coy morale is at an all-time low).
It doesn't really help your training when you've spent every Thursday night since November inspecting personal kit and section tent groups, over and over and over... So far, training has really sucked. 4RCR has been changing. Some NCOs/WOs (not to mention any names) really don't seem to care.
Yes, I believe we are in the offensive stage, not that you'd know it by Thursday night training and the ONE (yes, one) tactical exercise that we have had since September.
If I was told to wear a kilt, I'd transfer to another unit (I have considered it already).
Can you tell that I am just a little bitter? :rage:

JBeach said:
OK Yeoman, back in October I actually believed what I said. As for my first and second points, well, things have changed a bit... (S Coy morale is at an all-time low).
It doesn't really help your training when you've spent every Thursday night since November inspecting personal kit and section tent groups, over and over and over... So far, training has really sucked. 4RCR has been changing. Some NCOs/WOs (not to mention any names) really don't seem to care.
Yes, I believe we are in the offensive stage, not that you'd know it by Thursday night training and the ONE (yes, one) tactical exercise that we have had since September.
If I was told to wear a kilt, I'd transfer to another unit (I have considered it already).
Can you tell that I am just a little bitter? :rage:

yeah I won't go into details either. but you know already who I never saw eye to eye (well two of them specifically, just got back from tours? yeah them) with already. I could tell sierria's morale was horrible when I came in to say hi on leave. I LOVED the dirty look XXXXX gave me, if he attempted to give me a jacking, I would have lost it on him (sure I looked like a dirty hippie, but hell my csm showed up at work with a goatee on leave, lead by example right :) ). and I know exactly who's at fault for your state of morale as well. I noticed that training had gotten less and less even when I was in, same with the level of fun and effective training. seriously just transfer over to tango; it is a TRILLION times more fun, trust me. I hated my time in sierria company, but will never forget the memories of tango.
as I've always noticed with the four companies of RCR I served with; it all depends on your oc and csm and your cq's attitude. and the rest of the company will follow.
Greg

I am sorry for starting up a topic that died almost a year ago. I just enrolled in 4 RCR S Coy, last week. This Thursday will be my first training night and I am wondering what to expect. Hopfully things are not still as cherry as they sound from what you guys posted?

Things have been better lately. It is a lot more relaxed and morale is back up. We haven't been doing a lot of training other than PT, but we did the battle fitness test last night so maybe we can get back to real training now.

You probably now have some idea about what to expect until BMQ, SQ, and BIQ. These courses give you the basic training for becoming an infantry soldier (weapons, drill, tactics, etc).

Welcome to S Coy.

Back