• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any Loyal Edmonton Regt Here?

?

• vv

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • f

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Micheal,

"I think you're confusing people with your cap badge; looks to me like the Edmonton Fusiliers (the old 101st), but in that tiny little avatar I initially thought you were a Princess Louise Fusilier until ya started talking about Alberta's second best city."

I'm impressed! Not many people notice that. Sometimes my regimental family tends to overlook our origin in the Fusiliers, which I find regrettable. They were reservists just like us. They deserve to be remembered.

I spoke to some of our guys from the D&S platoon. Apparently, the Cal Highs and Eddies are working together as a team and have really come together. Not too long ago, we fought like cats & dogs - times have changed!

I used to be a Loyal Eddie, I was around for the "less than excellent" time.  If the CF ever needs a SME on packing sled groups, the eddies have a ton of them.

Krazy P, if you thought 20 was low numbers, wait until you go on an ex.  I can recall times when B Coy's enemy force was two to three times the size of A Coy, we struggled to get 2 sections out.  Had to Augment ourselves with SQ qualified troops form B.  It seems that as a reg't, we adopted the "if it's snowing, we ain't going" mentality.  It is a tragedy, there are a lot of good troops in the reg't, and with the right leadership, the Loyal Eddies have the potential to become one of Canadas premier reserve units.  Hopefully this tour will inspire some folks, and things will turn around for the regiment.

Stu 

I'm an acting member of the unit tasked with D&S 1 PL part of TF-Orion and we do deploy in Feb 2006 to Khandahar Afghanistan.   There is also a D&S 2 deploying to camp Mirage.

Moderator edit - Let's keep the location of Camp Mirage off the forums.  Thanks!  

hay guys i just wanted to know if there were nay eddies around????  49th loyal edmonton regiment...i was just sworn in on WED so im lookin for some guidance...greatly appreciated.

Back