• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any former 1CER from 83-88 era?

Holy Crap!!  I thought you fell off the planet!  I called it humour, the grownups all called it an attitude.

LOL

Now I remember u totally..I quite enjoyed your wit back then..... what are u up to lately.. I'm in courtenay BC u?

Retired 5 years ago, live in a little town about 100 Km North of Edmonton.  Moved to Edmonton with the Regiment when Chilliwack closed, really liked it here in spite of the winters, and decided to stay.

Yup, I work in the evil empire of bottled water.  We sell bottling and purification equipment.  Kenny Hodge is RSM of 2CER as well... friggin' sprogs... ;D

Sprogs ....LOL I haven't heard that in ages... I was in Kenny's Section in 2 Tp .... opppps worked with kenny lol.... Bernie Fox's Sect. Don't yell bernie lol

Going to have to start up a Water Supply (1 CER) thread for all the reunions.  ;D

I was in 3 troop Bubbles was my first sec commander and Brian English was 2 ic,I was there from 85 to 87 than posted to Lahr (adr).Loved being part of the reg and living in the old regimental shacks.I am now living in Courtenay.
Red

oilred said:
I was in 3 troop Bubbles was my first sec commander and Brian English was 2 ic,I was there from 85 to 87 than posted to Lahr (adr).Loved being part of the reg and living in the old regimental shacks.I am now living in Courtenay.
Red

Bubbles ( Duncan) is still a live and well and living in the Wac as a Commissioner on the gate for the A.S.U. (west gate in the old day's).
Brian is living in the Valley from the last I heard.

I was just out for a visit  nov 11th,stayed with Brian English,we went to the old Regimental building for drinks,and seen Bubbles and than off to the legion and than Miller .Good times
Red

Between 84-87 I was in Support Sqn and I think I did a bit in 1 troop.

I remember about two things while in 1 Tp.  After having recently re-engaged, the Regiment was on parade. We're in our combats and gear with bayonets fixed.  I'm in the front row feeling kind of cocky, next thing I realize is my world has changed to total blackness, feeling no pain or anything else.  In my state of blackness my sense of hearing was the first to return, in the distance I hear the Tp Warrant using the Lord's name rather loosely.  The guys said it was the best they've ever seen someone pass out on parade.  Perfectly at attention all the way to the ground. My helmet shot off in front of me on impact (saved my face some wear and tear) and I was just lucky the bayonet didn't play a major role in that event.  Anywho, watching the parade from the ambulance is a nice change from the usual.

The second event, another parade some time later.  The Regiment is formed up in front of Carpiquet Barracks in our dress uniform with medals if you got'em.  I'm standing there with my one and only medal from Cyprus dangling free and easy.  The Troop Warrant sees my medal is not corked, to which uttered something to the effect of getting it corked.  To which I replied my plea and justification that, that's the way they gave it to me.  To which he reaffirmed his demand to have it corked,  Naturally being honest as possible without saying no, I just said Warrant.  And nope I didn't get it corked.
Suppose I have gotten another medal, how can your medals jingle when walking if they're corked.

Oht, oh I'm starting to remember more stuff,  he he he.

I'm bad. 
:salute:

OK, I remember some more.

One fine day, we're in the classroom (that last shack in that row of troop stores) doing some training. 
More precisely, making basic charges using kids plastercine.  The Sgt having given us our instructions, made a slight error, he left the building.

Wasn't long till we start goofing around, making little animals or whatever with the plastercine.  The Sgt eventually returned finding to his dismay our lack of devotion the the tasks required.

Next day or so the troop is over by the training minefield.  The Sgt recalling our earlier transgression with the plastercine had the troop  do thirty push ups.  One fellow was appointed to do the count.  I got down holding myself off the ground while the rest of the troop pumped them out.  When they were finished the Sgt comes over to me and asks, "Fau____r, why aren't you doing the pushups".  To which I replied, "Personal prerogative Sgt".  To which he replied, " I want to see you in the troop office when we get back".  To which I replied, "Yes Sgt".

I don't remember what happens afterwards but I didn't get charged,  guess with my clean record I just got a warning.

One good thing about this, I don't ever recall us having to do push ups again.

I'm bad.

:salute:

Back