• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

After Cadets

what do you plan to do after cadets

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M

Mike-2799

How many of you are actually planning to join the Canadian Forces, after you leave cadets?

Its my last year as a cadet and also my last year in high school. Even though i'm not aging out yet, i've decided i'd be more useful if i joined the CF. I'm in the process of applying to RMC under the Reg officer training plan.

I am, Reg Force Infantry, was thinking about going in as an officer, the education part was appealing, but it just wouldn't be nearly as much fun

I have 3 years left of cadets and school.  I'm planning on submitting my application for the reserves in march.  And then after I complete school, I plan on either doing the prep year at St. Jean or go right to the RMC. ^_^

I'm enlisting in the Rocky Mountain Rangers next september and going to the regs wen i turn 19 3PPCLI hopefully and if my life's dream comes true join JTF2   and wen they kick me out of the regs at 60 iI'lltransfer to CIC and give back to the system that got me started and hopefully inspire some of them to do the same. should be a good life.

Well after watching enough episodes of "Truth Duty Valour" I have come to the conclusion that I could go to RMC or do ROTP. But there the JTF2, raiding party, airborne, sniper episodes, then there the RMC episodes and its like wow class room. Not to exciting. so I'm enlisting in3 RCR in Petawawa.

McWatt not to rain on your parade or whatever but RMC students get the same training as Reg but you get a University degree in the process, and theres nothing wrong with that!

Sent in the application form about a week or 2 ago to join the BCD's in Vernon, if I can stay in Cadets, I will, but most likely wont be able to, and next Sept. transfer to Kelowna, so I can do the Culinary Arts Program at OUC.

Im joining Res. (Queens York Rangers) in a few months, and then going Reg. when i finish high school.

i have heard the basic para course is hard to get on!

I want to, but I think I'll go to RMC, if not, then I'll go to Regular College on a plan from RMC, and then join the CF afterwards. Either way I'm joining.
Sherman-2799 for future reference, do not use names,...send a private message.

Later,
Slim
:cdn:

yeah.
I'm hoping to go into the Air Reserves at 17th Wing next year.

thanks for polling

*Merged as the Topic was already covered*

I definitely plan on going into the military after Cadets.  My whole family as of now are all in and it has provided an awesome life for every single one of us. I can't see myself doing anything else really. I was looking into the provincial police force here in St. John's (Royal Newfoundland Constabulary) but when I realized the benefits of military life I figured why wouldn't I just join as an MP?  Makes much more sense to me :)
I plan on writing the aptitude test in January just to get the ball rolling.

I plan on applying for the BCR's within the next month. After that I plan on going into the regs (PPCLI) or RMC, RMC looks really appealing.
One of my best friend's dad is BGen. Beare.
Plus my dad served in the US Army in Vietnam.

Planning on finishing high school then apply to RMC. If excepted hopefully continue on as a pilot. If not go to a civilian University then go in as a direct entry officer then pilot. Well that is if I have good enough eyes to be a pilot  ;D If not probably something else that will get me close to those planes.

Hey Tom i would reccomend trying some time in the reserves and then see what you want to do. Who knows you may just change your mind

Considering entering the air force after I finish uni -

LogisticsO, Aerospace Controller, or Air Nav.

Back