• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aerospace Control Operator ( AC Op )

I was looking in EMMA and not see any positions in Winnipeg for Aviators.  Was perhaps a rumor that had no backing or maybe was just a tasking.

Thank you for the answer though.

Titicboom said:
I was looking in EMMA and not see any positions in Winnipeg for Aviators.  Was perhaps a rumor that had no backing or maybe was just a tasking.

Thank you for the answer though.

Winnipeg has a SAR and a Transport Squadron, very active airfield, I don't see why you couldn't be posted there.

Flying Squadrons do not (usually) employ AC Ops.

The ATC agencies in Winnipeg are most likely all civilian - the Tower is on the commercial side of the airport. I don't see any need to employ military controllers in such an environment, nor am I aware of any other location where that happens.

Loachman said:
Flying Squadrons do not (usually) employ AC Ops.

The ATC agencies in Winnipeg are most likely all civilian - the Tower is on the commercial side of the airport. I don't see any need to employ military controllers in such an environment, nor am I aware of any other location where that happens.

The tower in Winnipeg is NavCanada. There was no Mil ATC, when I was posted there.

Thanks for the confirmation. There are occasionally exceptions to general rules and practices, so I was not absolutely certain. Reality does not always follow common sense.

I cannot think of a single case where we put our people into civilian ATC environments. I cannot think of any need or justification.

CF aircraft departing from/arriving at/flying over what is primarily a civilian airport have no need that cannot be satisfied by civil ATC.

There are most likely AC Ops in 1 CAD HQ, but they would be in staff positions and therefore a bit more senior.

Loachman said:
There are most likely AC Ops in 1 CAD HQ, but they would be in staff positions and therefore a bit more senior.

There are AC Ops Cpl-Sgt working at 1 CAD, but these are all secondary postings.  North Bay and ATC are still the Primary postings.

I'm at the div. Last APS we had a couple Avr's join the CAOC straight from BMQ.

Hi guys . do you have any informations about the training sesions scheduled in Cornwall for 2021

Back