• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AEC to AC op

aecami

Inactive
Reaction score
Does anyone know anyone who became an AC op after being ceased train as an AEC?

I know several AC Ops that returned to being AC Ops when the transition to AEC did not work out for them. I can only remember one ab initio AEC that ended up as an AC Op and that was several years ago. Typically those recruited directly to AEC seek other officer occupations when they fail AEC.

thanks!  I am finding myself backed into this situation and had wondered if it had been done before.

Reverting, if that is your case, is not uncommon. Neither is relinquishing a commision, but that is not something that should be done lightly. The PSO should have explained the details.

If you are being pressured to make a decision I would ask for the policy that forces a time constraint on the process. The pressure you are getting probably has as much to do with meeting end fiscal year recruiting targets than a hard requirement (speculating here).

What Occ were you considering but currently find closed? Experience shows that most open again come 1 Apr.

Curious, are you still with an AEC unit while waiting?

I was told by the PSO that they had received a directive last June that the re-assignment process was taking too long for most and too many people were sitting on the BTL.  Because of that they were instructed to have all CORs apply for a new trade within 3 months.  Unfortunately, the day I was ceased trained a new list came out that closed all officer trades for someone with my degree except combat arms and MARS.  Because of this they allowed me until Christmas to see if something opened up.  I applied with 11 other people for 3 log psns in Oct. and was turned down because I don't have a business related degree.  After hearing back on this the PSO said I had to make a choice based on the FEB list because I had already been waiting too long.  Left with no officer option I chose reversion, and I am told I should hear in about 4-6 weeks.  I am NOT being given a choice or time to wait, unless something opens up on the March list before I receive a message.

Since Sept. I have been working as a Public Affairs OJT (and doing well), but that trade is green (meaning full) and closed.  I would also be interested in Log since I have done some admin related things as a reservist. 

I know how serious reversion is, and it is my last choice, next to getting out.  I am pursuing some other avenues, but do not want to air them publicably (you can PM me if you would like).

Back