• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AEC/AC Op -> Math/Physics??

srhodes

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello!

Any AEC people on here who can fill me in on a few things (Please).

What kind of math and/or physics is required with being an AEC (or AC Op) and how much previous knowledge does one need in these subjects before entering training in Cornwall, ON?

Any info would be great, and any ideas as to what to study or prep beforehand (with certain types of math, etc) would be appreciated.

Thank you very much……

Thanks airmich.
If any AEC's on here can please comment on how things are on their side, that would be fantastic!  How's the math/physics with your trade, and what kind of tips can you offer in order for a person to successfully complete the training in Cornwall?
Thank you!

Hi Mr. Wallace:
Yes, there are AEC threads, and only one very faint reference to AEC math that I could find here:

http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/68321/post-790883#msg790883

I just wanted to expand on that particular aspect a little more, that’s all.
Overall, this forum has proved to be a wonderful source of information in regards to the CF and various trades.  Several members have been exceptionally helpful.
Thank you to all who have taken the time to respond.

:salute:

Some people do not read every thread.  They may only read in certain sections, or if they have missed a few days, just skip the old ones.  Therefore, this thread may not be read by AECs.  My suggestion to you is to find one of the more current AEC threads that has several responses by people in the trade, and post your question(s) there.  That way, if someone clicks on the 'show new replies to your posts' button, they will see something additional in the topic.

This also helps other people around the site so that when they search, there are only a couple of topics, instead of bits and pieces all over the place.

As well, the recruiting center can be a great source of information, especially when it comes to educational requirements.

Math/physics is definitely not necessary for AEC - however I'd be surprised if there wasn't a correlation between math/physics aptitude and AEC ability.

As for succeeding in Cornwall: a desire for the trade, a lot of hard work, and more-than-sufficient pre-course training (memorizing DL necessities, understanding general concepts and procedures with respect to AEC, etc.) will take you a long way.

Hi airmich,
Thanks for the tips, and again for being the 1st to respond to my questions.
As far as the recruiting centres go, I”ve been a few times, but I have yet to see an Air Force person on the front lines dealing with people, answering questions, etc. 
It’s mostly Army  :soldier:  :fifty:

Thanks Grando for your thoughts as well.  8)

Back