• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Additional Courses Available for AEC's?

Teller

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking on this forum for quite awhile as I wait patiently for my application to go through CFRC for AEC.  Currently I'm just waiting on Toronto to give the big OK.  I've been searching the forums for additional information about courses available to AEC officers after being posted and qualified and have found nothing so far.  What courses are available to AEC (particularly air weapons which I'm hoping I am able to specialize in) aircrew as continual improvement?

As someone planning on a lifelong career in the the CF I like the idea of continual learning opportunities, I see it as part and parcel with the career and a big motivator.  Do AEC Officers get opportunities like other aircrew for courses like BSERE or ASERE and others?

TIA!

Brian

Yes. many are general to officers, some specific to air force officers, but wrt to AEC there are Tactical Fighter Control Courses, Fighter Weapons Instructor Courses and of course AWACS courses. Too many to list really. Suffice to say there are more than enough to keep you busy and interested.

Thanks Aerospaced_out, sounds like I'll have a lot of options.  All of them sound extremely interesting, in particular AWACS (which I'm sure everyone says...).  I'm interested mostly for the opportunity to serve in Germany (I have family there and I'm a native speaker). 

Is there any specific pathway that I should be considering/focusing on in order to increase my chances of being posted there in the future? 

Back