• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A new question about Recruiting First Nations

SentryMAn

Inactive
Reaction score
In a somewhat new series of events it turns out that my family is First Nations Status.

1) How would this effect my chances of entering the CF as a former reservist wanting to enter RegF Officer?
2) Should I contact the National recruiting center to update this information on my application?

As far as I know there is no "quota" for natives. As much as I can determine, they (CF) are totally color and ethnic blind.....and that's a good thing.

SentryMAn said:
1) How would this effect my chances of entering the CF as a former reservist wanting to enter RegF Officer?

It doesn't.

Grasping at straws are we ?

SentryMAn said:
2) Should I contact the National recruiting center to update this information on my application?

"Please ensure you self-declare as a member of one or more Employment Equity groups in the application process and identify your special needs, as applicable.":
http://www.civ.forces.gc.ca/benefits-avantages/ee-eme-eng.asp

CDN Aviator said:
It doesn't.

Grasping at straws are we ?

Makes me wonder however why many documents requires you to identify ethnicity. ...

Things offered to natives: http://www.forces.ca/en/page/aboriginal-93#introduction-0

I would like to think the CF didn't have recruiting "Quotas" for ethnic backgrounds..... however I assume they do.

I Identify as white however could be considered a status indian. Alas I don't like many blond hair blue eyed pretendiaians.

I was completely curious, nothing more nothing less.
I'm not a blue haired Blonde eye person, if you were to look at me you could see the resemblance to a First Nations Ethnicity.  My mother much more so then I.

Many years ago, it was explained to me that the CF does not have 'quotas'. We have recruiting goals - that is to say that we would like, as much as is possible, for the overall diversity of the CF to reflect the overall diversity of the Canadian population. I do not actually know how close we are - though I suspect that certain groups are very much under-represented.

I was also told that diversity was not a means of screening people of caucasian and European descent out of the process. Rather, they would attempt to target more attraction campaigns, and retention tools on those groups which were under-represented.

dogger1936 said:
I would like to think the CF didn't have recruiting "Quotas" for ethnic backgrounds..... however I assume they do.

There are no quotas. The CF, however, is mandated by the Employment Equity Act, to maintain statistics on the make up of its workforce.

SentryMAn said:
I was completely curious, nothing more nothing less.
I'm not a blue haired Blonde eye person, if you were to look at me you could see the resemblance to a First Nations Ethnicity.  My mother much more so then I.

Sorry I was referring to myself. Many of my family appear native.....I do not or consider myself native.

CDN Aviator said:
There are no quotas. The CF, however, is mandated by the Employment Equity Act, to maintain statistics on the make up of its workforce.
Staff Weenie said:
Many years ago, it was explained to me that the CF does not have 'quotas'. We have recruiting goals - that is to say that we would like, as much as is possible, for the overall diversity of the CF to reflect the overall diversity of the Canadian population. I do not actually know how close we are - though I suspect that certain groups are very much under-represented.

I was also told that diversity was not a means of screening people of caucasian and European descent out of the process. Rather, they would attempt to target more attraction campaigns, and retention tools on those groups which were under-represented.

Roger that. :salute:

Staff Weenie said:

I'm still miffed that I wasn't part of the poster for the Asian Month campaign  >:D

*Although, with people knowing how much "work" I've been doing in the past few years, that's probably a good thing.  ;D

Back