• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Imagine thinking this is the 1800s.

Buddy, have you heard about these recent inventions like the aeroplane, the radio, the TV, the internet?

This is a globalized world, and the "liberal" globalists push the same stuff in every Western country, and their opponents are increasingly reaching out to each other.
Well then why are we even having separate threads on various elections, etc if they’re all interconnected anyways?

Yes, this is a globalized world. If we’re going to talk about reaching out between countries, the CPC is looking at what the GOP is saying and doing. But talking about the CPC isn’t relevant to this thread. I may feel more drawn to the Dems if I was an American voter, but I’m not so I don’t say “us” when referring to the Dems, nor do I say “them” when referring to GOP.

Either way - unlike what’s happening in the US, politics isn’t always an “us v them” thing.

Either way - unlike what’s happening in the US, politics isn’t always an “us v them” thing.
Last month there was a really good article in the NYT, about why Democracy tends to fail, and it’s mainly about the way that the Parties operate and acquire power, so it’s no longer a true democracy, but the larger parties playing US v THEM, and find individual voter and entire constituencies lose their voice.

Especially since the vast, vast majority of folks in this forum don’t live in the US.

It’s one thing to debate American politics, but unless you live there then “us” and “them” aren’t really valid terms.
Well, I live less than a kilometer from downtown Detroit. What happens in the US affects me.

She has literally made the demand three times today. This isn’t her joking or being sarcastic, nor is it ‘us vs them’, it’s just Boebert sidling up to an already low bar of expectations and still finding room to squirm under. But it’s indicative of the sort of bad faith that comes even from congressional representatives… In a thread about America’s fracture, it’s topical.

Receipts:

Perhaps we are at the point where Jimmy Carter might out live Joe Biden.

Back