• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

It was a proposal from a couple of advisors of the previous administration. He looked at it and asked some questions. There was no commitment. All the comments in the article are not official Trump releases. At this point and time, it means nothing. Just conjecture and clag.

It was a proposal from a couple of advisors of the previous administration. He looked at it and asked some questions. There was no commitment. All the comments in the article are not official Trump releases. At this point and time, it means nothing. Just conjecture and clag.
If they are at odds with Trump’s campaign , I’m curious what the benefit is for those former advisors, and the proposal’s publication in a right-leaning think tank?

Also, does that mean that further down that article, Trump’s podcast interview should not be taken as official statements?

If they are at odds with Trump’s campaign , I’m curious what the benefit is for those former advisors, and the proposal’s publication in a right-leaning think tank?

Also, does that mean that further down that article, Trump’s podcast interview should not be taken as official statements?

I never said it was off the table nor that it was at odds with Trump. He looked at it, asked some questions and left it at that. Maybe he'll use it, maybe he won't. Lots of things come out of think tanks that don't get action. It's what they do. It in their name 'think tank'. They deal in options.

What I said was anti Trumpers will jump on anything to try put words in his mouth. Much the same as you not accepting this is a mole hill and trying to force it on Trump as foregone, accepted policy.

I never said it was off the table nor that it was at odds with Trump. He looked at it, asked some questions and left it at that. Maybe he'll use it, maybe he won't. Lots of things come out of think tanks that don't get action. It's what they do. It in their name 'think tank'. They deal in options.

What I said was anti Trumpers will jump on anything to try put words in his mouth. Much the same as you not accepting this is a mole hill and trying to force it on Trump as foregone, accepted policy.
I never said that.

I only asked what benefit it would be for Trump-friendly folks to release that now. I did also ask whether his separate comments on a podcast interview, noted in the same article but not necessarily about this topic, constitute official statements or not.

I will acknowledge that I’m not a Trump supporter, but he says enough (and sometimes later denies saying it despite it being recorded) that I don’t feel the need to put any words in his mouth.

I never said that.

I only asked what benefit it would be for Trump-friendly folks to release that now. I did also ask whether his separate comments on a podcast interview, noted in the same article but not necessarily about this topic, constitute official statements or not.

I will acknowledge that I’m not a Trump supporter, but he says enough (and sometimes later denies saying it despite it being recorded) that I don’t feel the need to put any words in his mouth.

Sucks when people infer things that you didn't say or mean, doesn't it?

Think tanks and others always float things to gauge acceptance and see what people think. They say lots of things that don't move forward. They are clearing houses of ideas.

At least he doesn't have the WH coming out and making 8 or 10 corrections to things he says in his speeches to cover his ass and damaging statements.

There is a trust problem with some three letter agencies.... This should add another couple hundred thousand votes for 'ole 45.

Active Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) contractors "colluded" with the Biden campaign when releasing a statement dismissing Hunter Biden’s infamous laptop as Russian disinformation ahead of the 2020 election, and the then-CIA chief was likely in the loop before the statement's release, according to a joint report released by three House panels shows.

There is a trust problem with some three letter agencies.... This should add another couple hundred thousand votes for 'ole 45.

Active Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) contractors "colluded" with the Biden campaign when releasing a statement dismissing Hunter Biden’s infamous laptop as Russian disinformation ahead of the 2020 election, and the then-CIA chief was likely in the loop before the statement's release, according to a joint report released by three House panels shows.

Yup, and Trump is the bad guy.🙄 How much more evidence is needed to prove the top echelons of the three letter agencies are a subversive, treasonous bunch of criminals. If Trump's DOJ goes after them all, the left will say he's out for revenge. I call it an enema. Not a single thing has changed since 2015. All the way back to Comey and Obama. Spying, wiretapping, destroying and bleach biting evidence, character assasination, complicity in a false dossier, actively working against the sitting executive, colluding to overthrow the government, protecting the biden crime family. I hope Trump wins and burns the whole left to the ground. If he loses, the great experiment that is the US is done like a dog's dinner. Given all that has happened and is still allowed to happen with impunity, the US has truly become a banana republic. The biggest mistake Trump made was not jailing Clinton and all the rest of the democrat traitors and criminals. The rot is growing.

Yup, and Trump is the bad guy.🙄 How much more evidence is needed to prove the top echelons of the three letter agencies are a subversive, treasonous bunch of criminals. If Trump's DOJ goes after them all, the left will say he's out for revenge. I call it an enema. Not a single thing has changed since 2015. All the way back to Comey and Obama. Spying, wiretapping, destroying and bleach biting evidence, character assasination, complicity in a false dossier, actively working against the sitting executive, colluding to overthrow the government, protecting the biden crime family. I hope Trump wins and burns the whole left to the ground. If he loses, the great experiment that is the US is done like a dog's dinner. Given all that has happened and is still allowed to happen with impunity, the US has truly become a banana republic. The biggest mistake Trump made was not jailing Clinton and all the rest of the democrat traitors and criminals. The rot is growing.
You guys now the power of a contractor at the Agency? Zilch
That's folks working for companies like BlackWater etc doing GRS Security stuff, not GS folks.

We are starting to see some MAGA ideas from reputable sources.

Robert Lighthizer, who is on many 'shortslists' to be Treasury Secretary says, in The Economist, "Since the end of the cold war, America has come as close as almost any major country in history to eliminating significant tariffs. It was a bold experiment, and it has failed. America has run up more than $17trn in cumulative trade deficits over the past 24 years. Now, foreign interests own over $18trn more in American assets than Americans own in all their countries. Foreigners will get the future earnings associated with those assets, and Americans will have to work harder to make up for the earnings they have lost.

These massive trade deficits also drag down American economic growth. Countries with persistent trade surpluses artificially lower global demand. Rather than expanding global production by buying foreign goods (how trade is supposed to work), such countries use massive market distortions to replace foreign production capacity with their own and use the proceeds of trade to buy long-term assets in countries with deficits. This slows growth in the deficit countries, particularly America.

These facts help to explain the collapse of American manufacturing, and, importantly, of advanced manufacturing. Today, America annually imports $218bn more high-tech products than it exports. It invented personal computers, yet now virtually none are made there, and those that are require imported parts. It led the world in making semiconductors in the 1970s and 1980s, yet today it makes only 12% of global supply and is wholly dependent on imports for the most advanced chips. America has fallen behind China in cutting-edge sectors such as advanced batteries, nuclear-power equipment and drones."

Meanwhile, over in Foreign Affairs, Robert C O'Brien, who was Trumps National Security Advisor and could be Secretary of State, makes the case for a Trumpian Foreign Policy: "Trump was a peacemaker—a fact obscured by false portrayals of him but perfectly clear when one looks at the record. Just in the final 16 months of his administration, the United States facilitated the Abraham Accords, bringing peace to Israel and three of its neighbors in the Middle East plus Sudan; Serbia and Kosovo agreed to U.S.-brokered economic normalization; Washington successfully pushed Egypt and key Gulf states to settle their rift with Qatar and end their blockade of the emirate; and the United States entered into an agreement with the Taliban that prevented any American combat deaths in Afghanistan for nearly the entire final year of the Trump administration.

Trump was determined to avoid new wars and endless counterinsurgency operations, and his presidency was the first since that of Jimmy Carter in which the United States did not enter a new war or expand an existing conflict. Trump also ended one war with a rare U.S. victory, wiping out the Islamic State (also known as ISIS) as an organized military force and eliminating its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
Trump has never aspired to promulgate a “Trump Doctrine” for the benefit of the Washington foreign policy establishment. He adheres not to dogma but to his own instincts and to traditional American principles that run deeper than the globalist orthodoxies of recent decades. “America first is not America alone” is a mantra often repeated by Trump administration officials, and for good reason: Trump recognizes that a successful foreign policy requires joining forces with friendly governments and people elsewhere. The fact that Trump took a new look at which countries and groups were most pertinent does not make him purely transactional or an isolationist hostile to alliances, as his critics claim. NATO and U.S. cooperation with Japan, Israel, and the Arab Gulf states were all militarily strengthened when Trump was president.

Trump’s foreign policy and trade policy can be accurately understood as a reaction to the shortcomings of neoliberal internationalism, or globalism, as practiced from the early 1990s until 2017. Like many American voters, Trump grasped that “free trade” has been nothing of the sort in practice and in many instances involved foreign governments using high tariffs, barriers to trade, and the theft of intellectual property to harm U.S. economic and security interests. And despite hefty military spending, Washington’s national security apparatus enjoyed few victories after the 1991 Gulf War while suffering a number of notable failures in places such as Iraq, Libya, and Syria.

Trump thinks highly of his predecessor Andrew Jackson and Jackson’s approach to foreign policy: be focused and forceful when compelled to action but wary of overreach. A second Trump term would see the return of realism with a Jacksonian flavor. Washington’s friends would be more secure and more self-reliant, and its foes would once again fear American power. The United States would be strong, and there would be peace."
-----
There's a lot more in both journals and all half decent libraries subscribe to both in case you do bot. If your library doesn't subscribe to both then you need to stop worrying about Donald Trump and start worrying about having a terminally stupid mayor and an even worse city council. The cause of our demise as a nation is closer to home.

How much? Literally all of it because there is none so far.

We are starting to see some MAGA ideas from reputable sources.

Robert Lighthizer, who is on many 'shortslists' to be Treasury Secretary says, in The Economist, "Since the end of the cold war, America has come as close as almost any major country in history to eliminating significant tariffs. It was a bold experiment, and it has failed. America has run up more than $17trn in cumulative trade deficits over the past 24 years. Now, foreign interests own over $18trn more in American assets than Americans own in all their countries. Foreigners will get the future earnings associated with those assets, and Americans will have to work harder to make up for the earnings they have lost.

These massive trade deficits also drag down American economic growth. Countries with persistent trade surpluses artificially lower global demand. Rather than expanding global production by buying foreign goods (how trade is supposed to work), such countries use massive market distortions to replace foreign production capacity with their own and use the proceeds of trade to buy long-term assets in countries with deficits. This slows growth in the deficit countries, particularly America.

These facts help to explain the collapse of American manufacturing, and, importantly, of advanced manufacturing. Today, America annually imports $218bn more high-tech products than it exports. It invented personal computers, yet now virtually none are made there, and those that are require imported parts. It led the world in making semiconductors in the 1970s and 1980s, yet today it makes only 12% of global supply and is wholly dependent on imports for the most advanced chips.
Tracking so far
America has fallen behind China in cutting-edge sectors such as advanced batteries, nuclear-power equipment and drones."
Deep swerve off reality on that one.
Meanwhile, over in Foreign Affairs, Robert C O'Brien, who was Trumps National Security Advisor and could be Secretary of State, makes the case for a Trumpian Foreign Policy: "Trump was a peacemaker—a fact obscured by false portrayals of him but perfectly clear when one looks at the record. Just in the final 16 months of his administration, the United States facilitated the Abraham Accords, bringing peace to Israel and three of its neighbors in the Middle East plus Sudan; Serbia and Kosovo agreed to U.S.-brokered economic normalization; Washington successfully pushed Egypt and key Gulf states to settle their rift with Qatar and end their blockade of the emirate; and the United States entered into an agreement with the Taliban that prevented any American combat deaths in Afghanistan for nearly the entire final year of the Trump administration.
- Sold Afghanistan to the Taliban...
ah yes Qatar, the pillar of democracy and oh wait, a bankroller of terrorism and home to HAMAS...

Trump was determined to avoid new wars and endless counterinsurgency operations, and his presidency was the first since that of Jimmy Carter in which the United States did not enter a new war or expand an existing conflict. Trump also ended one war with a rare U.S. victory, wiping out the Islamic State (also known as ISIS) as an organized military force and eliminating its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
Hmm both I, (and it would appear ISIS as well) missed the memo they where eliminated.

Trump has never aspired to promulgate a “Trump Doctrine” for the benefit of the Washington foreign policy establishment. He adheres not to dogma but to his own instincts and to traditional American principles that run deeper than the globalist orthodoxies of recent decades. “America first is not America alone” is a mantra often repeated by Trump administration officials, and for good reason: Trump recognizes that a successful foreign policy requires joining forces with friendly governments and people elsewhere. The fact that Trump took a new look at which countries and groups were most pertinent does not make him purely transactional or an isolationist hostile to alliances, as his critics claim. NATO and U.S. cooperation with Japan, Israel, and the Arab Gulf states were all militarily strengthened when Trump was president.
insert a few thousand eye roll emoji's...

Trump’s foreign policy and trade policy can be accurately understood as a reaction to the shortcomings of neoliberal internationalism, or globalism, as practiced from the early 1990s until 2017. Like many American voters, Trump grasped that “free trade” has been nothing of the sort in practice and in many instances involved foreign governments using high tariffs, barriers to trade, and the theft of intellectual property to harm U.S. economic and security interests. And despite hefty military spending, Washington’s national security apparatus enjoyed few victories after the 1991 Gulf War while suffering a number of notable failures in places such as Iraq, Libya, and Syria.
I thought he had just claimed victory over ISIS, oh well...

Trump thinks highly of his predecessor Andrew Jackson and Jackson’s approach to foreign policy: be focused and forceful when compelled to action but wary of overreach. A second Trump term would see the return of realism with a Jacksonian flavor. Washington’s friends would be more secure and more self-reliant, and its foes would once again fear American power. The United States would be strong, and there would be peace."
I'm having a tough time with that idea.

-----
There's a lot more in both journals and all half decent libraries subscribe to both in case you do bot. If your library doesn't subscribe to both then you need to stop worrying about Donald Trump and start worrying about having a terminally stupid mayor and an even worse city council. The cause of our demise as a nation is closer to home.

Uh, ok? I already said that I wasn’t inferring anything. Not sure why you kept on going.
Probably for the same reason you can never stop/ walk away either.

Anyway, I've stopped listening. Back to my status quo with our discussions.

You guys now the power of a contractor at the Agency? Zilch
That's folks working for companies like BlackWater etc doing GRS Security stuff, not GS folks.
Except they aren't all contractors. GS folks have been part of it all along.

If your library doesn't subscribe to both then you need to stop worrying about Donald Trump and start worrying about having a terminally stupid mayor and an even worse city council.

1 ) Unlike social media, librarians separate fiction from non-fiction.

2) I have more interest in City Hall than Queen's Park, Ottawa or Washington, because there's nothing Republican or Democratic ( Liberal or Conservative ) about garbage and sewage. "Get sh#t done."

Running a city requires elected officials to be pragmatic, deliver services, and check their ideology at the door.

Back