• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Again there is a big difference between the two cases of improperly retaining classified material. While I would have liked to see POTUS charged as well, the circumstances in that case as well as the type of information was remarkably different that what DJT did.
Which big difference? That Trump was resistant/obstructive, or that Biden had no presidential authority at the time he was collecting records?

Either no-one is above the law, or some people are, and reasons are contrived to excuse them. That's two cases of classified information mishandling by Democrats (Clinton, Biden) conveniently discarded.

Reactions: QV
The difference being: anything to stop Trump from winning again is ok.

Which big difference? That Trump was resistant/obstructive, or that Biden had no presidential authority at the time he was collecting records?
Authority to possess ended for both at the end of the respective terms. Given President Biden’s role as VP and the international role he had, it doesn’t seem odd to me that he’d have TS+ info. Now it should have been returned, and I’d agree that its careless retention is deserving of criminal charges.

Either no-one is above the law, or some people are, and reasons are contrived to excuse them. That's two cases of classified information mishandling by Democrats (Clinton, Biden) conveniently discarded.
Clinton running her own server and passing classified information over it — well that utterly inexcusable. I’m still fuming she wasn’t charged.

Trump retaining documents only got inexcusable when he attempted to further hide them, and otherwise obstructing their retrieval…
More worrisome was the type of information former President Trump was attempting to retain.

Will close one “whataboutism” line, at least, coming from maga snowflakes.

Depends. There's a long way to go on both, Biden and Trump, yet. Both are just on the opening salvos. There's still tons of room for divergence.

There is also still charges pending on both for various things.

Maga snowflakes? Do we pull the TDS handle back out of the closet? We were asked to put that descriptor away, and I'm pretty sure we did. At least I stopped using it. But hey, I'm easy. It's only a short keystroke away.😉

The best thing that came out of this, is the laptop is now in play. The DOJ legitimized it. It is no longer Russian Disinformation. There's an awful lot of charges and widening of investigations available now.

Doesn't bode well for the 51 intelligence officers that signed that letter either.

I see we’ve also moved to acceptance of trial level criminal juries as being capable and confirmed triers of fact, whose verdicts are inherently taken as valid, and as affirming the presented evidence. That’s a good and healthy thing, and I think we’ll make sure to keep a bookmark on that page.

I've never claimed the laptop was likely Russian disinformation weeks ahead of an election. But the establishment did... and now it's evidence good enough to convict. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the establishment.

I have not moved from my position there is selective prosecution.

I've never claimed the laptop was likely Russian disinformation weeks ahead of an election. But the establishment did... and now it's evidence good enough to convict. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the establishment.

I have not moved from my position there is selective prosecution.
I should have clarified I’m speaking more broadly than just in reply to you or your one comment, sorry. I’m more making a point of the rather selective belief in the legitimacy of the criminal justice system that we tend to see in this thread.

Biden was pretty well open and shut. The federal crimes were there and defined. The evidence was clear and indisputable. The jury findings could not be otherwise and stand scrutiny. Now we wait and see for the conviction and sentence. I'm sure the appeal will dead end in short order.

Little or no semblance the New York trial.

Back