• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A couple questions about being recruited.

alexpb

Inactive
Reaction score
I was told to use the GED Study guide as a reference to the CFAT, but i was told that the test would NOT be the same, but the guide would be able to give you an idea of the types of questions asked.

The sample questions that are on the sheets i was given (and on the website) were very easy. Am i to expect to see questions like that on the test?

I took the practice GED test on-line and i scored approx. 25 or so out of the 40 or 50 questions asked. I passed with like a low percentage, but this is not acceptable to me.
It shows i really need a brush up. I am far from a person with low intelligence, but during school i never full applied myself. I dropped out in my final year of highschool.

What types of questions should i brush up on? Should i expect the questions on the mock GED test on-line will be quite similar to the questions on the CFAT?
I want to make sure I pass this test with flying colours.

I apologise if this question has been answered recently.

Also, a question about the three choice occupations you would like a career in.

I am interested in the Navy. My three choices are:
1. Sonar (TAS) Op
2. Naval Combat Information Operator
3. Naval Communicator

My FOURTH choice would be a Armoured soldier in the army, but i would much rather be in the Navy.
One way or another, i want to be in the CF regardless. Should i make my third choice the Armoured Soldier?
I don't know exactly how hard it is to get into the Navy, or if it is more difficult to get into due to availability, that's why i thought if i at least put in armoured soldier, i would get a sure spot somewhere done the line.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

You can start by brushing up on your long division/multiplication because, as far as I know, you are not permitted to use a calculator.

Try reading through these threads and using the Search function really does wonders..  ;)

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/25548.0.html - Hints to do well on the CFAT
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13570.0.html - CF Aptitude Test (Spatial Examples)
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13359.0.html - Online Practice Aptitude Tests

Cheers and good luck.

alexpb said:
Also, a question about the three choice occupations you would like a career in.

I am interested in the Navy. My three choices are:
1. Sonar (TAS) Op
2. Naval Combat Information Operator
3. Naval Communicator

My FOURTH choice would be a Armoured soldier in the army, but i would much rather be in the Navy.
One way or another, i want to be in the CF regardless. Should i make my third choice the Armoured Soldier?
I don't know exactly how hard it is to get into the Navy, or if it is more difficult to get into due to availability, that's why i thought if i at least put in armoured soldier, i would get a sure spot somewhere done the line.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Probally not; your going to have to wait awhile regardless, and if this is your chosen career, there is no reason to settle for a trade you wont be as happy in. Best of Luck

My only suggestion would be to seriously brush up on your math skills if you want to go Sonar Op. They require serious math skills for that trade. My husband has been a Sonar Op(tasop or also nacop when he joined) for just about 10 years. If you have any questions about it, PM me and I will get him to answer them for you.

Do you need a calculator? If so, do you have to bring it with you or do they provide you with one?

I did some online tests for fun and it's impossible to complete them if you don't have one.

Edit: Sorry, just read somewhere that you have to do the calculation in your head.  ;)

l8joiner said:
You get paper and a pencil for the calculations.

Wunderbar then!!!   :D

Is there a test like the one suggested by the army on this page but translated in French? I have no problems with the questions except for the vocabulary one. I'm not that advanced in English hehe

Back