• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

6 Jan 2020 U.S. Events (Split from A Deeply Fractured US)

BB1cxaHf.img

Is that a campaign sticker on the slide of the pistol?

Facebook has now banned Trump for the remainder of his term in office.

Twitter has confirmed that Trump’s account has deleted the tweets required to reinstate his account.

D.C. police seeking "persons of interest" (26 pg PDF) - also attached in case link doesn't work for you.
.... This whole thing is just crazy and fully predictable ...
Good point ....
... For weeks, the far-right supporters of President Donald Trump railed on social media that the election had been stolen. They openly discussed the idea of violent protest on the day Congress met to certify the result. “We came up with the idea to occupy just outside the CAPITOL on Jan 6th,” leaders of the Stop the Steal movement wrote on Dec. 23. They called their Wednesday demonstration the Wild Protest , a name taken from a tweet by Trump that encouraged his supporters to take their grievances to the streets of Washington. “Will be wild,” the president tweeted. Ali Alexander, the founder of the movement, encouraged people to bring tents and sleeping bags and avoid wearing masks for the event. “If D.C. escalates… so do we,” Alexander wrote on Parler last week — one of scores of social media posts welcoming violence that were reviewed by ProPublica in the weeks leading up to Wednesday’s attack on the capitol. Thousands of people heeded that call ...

Attachments

• POIs of Interest_1.7.21_compressed.pdf
    661.9 KB · Views: 6
Probably an armory control tag. Same idea as rack number stickers, to speed up counting weapons in and out of the inventory when going/coming off shift.

Looks like a graphic to me but maybe you have the right of it.

The heavily armed right wing extremists with para-military training willing to die for their beliefs picked an odd assortment for their assault element.

BB1cyzRA.img

BB1cyOMq.img

SG.jpg

It was nice of them not to trash the place, respected the velvet ropes too.

Looks like a graphic to me but maybe you have the right of it.

The heavily armed right wing extremists with para-military training willing to die for their beliefs picked an odd assortment for their assault element.

It was nice of them not to trash the place, respected the velvet ropes too.
Quit being an apologist. Some offices were destroyed. Personal items and Congressional historical items were stolen from hallways and offices. They are still doing inventory on what's missing.

In all protests, there are violent and peaceful peoples. The police's job is to separate the two. In this case, some were having a lark. Others were trying to get to members of congress by breaking down doors.

There is nothing mature or proper about this. It was an insurrection to inhibit the peaceful transition of power in a democracy. There is only one way to deal with an insurrection. Napoleon I believe called it a "whiff of grapeshot". I'm sure our modern version of legal "grapeshot" is being double charged into cannons all over Washington right now.

I just did another search and it's still not turning up very much. I see someone carrying a lectern of U.S. Speaker of the House, some broken glass, some furniture flipped. Maybe you consider that trashed, I've cleaned up worse mess's in the shacks. They're assholes for going in their in the first place and I hope they get serious jail time for it. I say a bunch of yahoos getting inside and tossing shit around is exactly what the democrats wanted to happen, which is even more messed up.

Insurrection? It was idiots being manipulated by two government parties into acting like bigger idiots. One for vanity and the other for validation.
You want to shoot these people, idiots as they are, with grapeshot when the only person pulling a trigger that day was a cop?

I believe that my sentence after the "whiff" comment was clear enough that legal action (aka legal grapeshot) was what was required, not actual execution. And there was no way that they were manipulated by both parties. They were manipulated by one man with enblers. You know who the guy in the buffalo outfit is? He's the Q Shaman the self-described Q Anon profit. I"m pretty sure he needs no manipulation.

It was surprising when pictures showed a lot of computers unlocked/still signed in and I was wondering about security issues:

Sherwin said there were electronics stolen from U.S. senators’ offices that could potentially jeopardize national security.

“Materials were stolen, and we have to identify what was done, mitigate that, and it could have potential national security equities,” he said. “We just don’t know the extent of that damage at this point - if there was damage, we don’t know the extent of that.”

Also, about the National Guard:

It was an insurrection

It was a clown show. Now that people have had time to get over their faux who-let-a-dog-run-through-our-exclusive-clubhouse indignation, they should put on a fresh pair of long pants and acknowledge all the parts of a riot protest, as normalized in 2020, that didn't happen. And get on with resetting the norms for protest. They could promote the TEA party model: gather calmly, listen to speeches, break nothing, pick up the trash before leaving.

I missed the context of your comment. I thought you meant shooting them. I think they should have the book thrown at them. X Royal brought something up in another thread that I embarrassingly didn't consider- Trump was the one who dummied the security and level of police. Maybe he wanted them to storm the building, even with the weird world he lives in I find it hard to believe he would think he could stop the transfer of power with people dressed in horns and fur.

I think people want to paint this as some giant terrifying attack against democracy, a violent siege in the early hours of 2021 where disaster was narrowly averted. People are trying to make it out to be worse than it was and that says something.

They were manipulated by one man with enblers

New parameters were set for protest in 2020 by those who protested and those who tolerated them. The clowns who broke in yesterday behaved well within the new standards. Those with responsibility (authority) or an influential voice redefined, by their action or inaction, the limits of behaviour. Adults have a responsibility to set boundaries for children; when adults abdicate, children push to find new boundaries.

New parameters were set for protest in 2020 by those who protested and those who tolerated them. The clowns who broke in yesterday behaved well within the new standards. Those with responsibility (authority) or an influential voice redefined, by their action or inaction, the limits of behaviour. Adults have a responsibility to set boundaries for children; when adults abdicate, children push to find new boundaries.

I'm fairly confident that IED placement isn't in the realm of the new normal.

There was more police response to clear BLM protestors out of the way for Trump to go for a short walk to hold a bible up and make a speech at a church that didn't want him there. I wonder why that was?

A capitol police officer died as a result of yesterday’s insurrection. No details yet about what or how it happened.

I'm fairly confident that IED placement isn't in the realm of the new normal.

There was more police response to clear BLM protestors out of the way for Trump to go for a short walk to hold a bible up and make a speech at a church that didn't want him there. I wonder why that was?
Interesting that one IED was near the Republican National HQ and a second near the Democratric HQ. Almost like someone was trying to start something.

These types don’t like either party. So yes I’m sure they were looking to start something. You don’t leave an ied somewhere unless you plan to do exactly that.

These types don’t like either party. So yes I’m sure they were looking to start something. You don’t leave an ied somewhere unless you plan to do exactly that.
These types........?

Back