• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

5 Canadians injured after vehicles collide in Afghanistan

GAP

Army.ca Legend
Subscriber
Donor
Mentor
Reaction score
5 Canadians injured after vehicles collide in Afghanistan
By CP July 17, 2007
Article Link

Five Canadian soldiers were injured Tuesday when two light-armoured vehicles collided in southern Afghanistan.
The soldiers were travelling between Ma'sum Ghar and Patrol Base Wilson, southwest of Kandahar city, when the accident happened around 3:30 p.m, said Lt. Chris Courtemanche, a military public affairs officer at the Kandahar Air Field.

The soldiers' injuries are considered minor, and they were evacuated by helicopter to the multi-national hospital at the air field for treatment.

They are expected to return to active duty with the 2nd Battalion of the Royal Canadian Regiment battle group.

Military police were investigating the circumstances of the accident, which Courtemanche said did not involve any Afghan civilians.

No further details were released.

In February, three LAV-3s collided with each other, with soldiers suffering only minor injuries.

In March of 2006, a LAV-3 collided with a taxi and rolled over, killing two soldiers and wounding six.
End of Article

Uhh... Mike, I think he meant.... major, life threatening kinda injuries

geo said:
Uhh... Mike, I think he meant.... major, life threatening kinda injuries
Yes, thanks geo. I meant to say "serious" injuries. Sorry bout that.  :)

Get well to the troops, and for goodness sakes: keep your eyes on the ball, stick on the ice, whatever it takes: you're not done yet!

God Speed!

:salute:

Back