• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

3PPCLI Questions

M

Megatron

I did a few searched but still couldnt get my question answered. Correct me if I am wrong but the 3 PPCLI is stationed at Wainwright, AB. If I joined the reg force and was sent to the 3 PPCLI like Im hoping would I live on base in Wainwright or at home in Edmonton, where would I be workign each day? I live in Edmonton right now and Wainwright is within driving distance, do you even have a choice on where you live? Thanks guys.  :salute:

3 PPCLI is stationed in Edmonton.  You would live and work in the Edmonton area.

As well, I wouldn't consider Wainwright to be "commuter" distance.   It is a two hour drive down a straight Prarie Highway.

I bus it and use the skytrain everymorning to get to work and home.  2 hours average if not a little less or a little more.  Can be hell coming back specially since I just got over mono, so tired I nearly fell asleep and missed my stop  :-X

Well if 3PPCLI and 1PPCLI work in Edmonton, who works at wainwright?

The First and the third do their field stuff in Waingwright as well as Suffield sometimes.  Also the Western Area Training Center is there.

The only people who work in Wainright are the instructors cadre, base support staff, recruits in training, and sniveling pat platooners (they should stop feeding them) :crybaby:

Wainwright rocks.  I spent five years there.  Its a great town if you get out and meet the locals and dont stay a shack rat or live in the pumpkin patch.  Lots more postings to Wainwright now with the CMTC starting up.

If you get busted rapelling off the Faybian rail bridge hide among the cows below.

Sounds like personal experience. :)

Next thing your going to tell me is Dundurn rocks.

Dundurn rocks ? well it did in 95 when 3 PPCLI worked up a  whole buncha reservists for the final UNPF tour that got canncelled then it reformed into the IFOR then SFOR , wainwright is ok as long as you dont go there with the mentality of im only here to visit . i did that i dont know how many times and i thought it blew until i went there as staff then i was a little bit more laid back and enjoyed my time there except for haveing to purchase water that didnt taste like it was filtered though my first pair of  jungle boots.

axeman said:
Dundurn rocks ? well it did in 95 when 3 PPCLI worked up a   whole buncha reservists for the final UNPF tour that got canncelled then it reformed into the IFOR then SFOR , wainwright is ok as long as you dont go there with the mentality of im only here to visit . i did that i dont know how many times and i thought it blew until i went there as staff then i was a little bit more laid back and enjoyed my time there except for haveing to purchase water that didnt taste like it was filtered though my first pair of   jungle boots.

Ahaha ew  :blotto:

Every Time My warrant tells me i have a course in Dundurn I feel Like walking into oncoming traffic.
But as a Saskatchewan Farm Boy I will always have a place in my hard for ol' Sunny Dunny!

axeman said:
in 95 when 3 PPCLI worked up a   whole buncha reservists for the final UNPF tour that got canncelled then it reformed into the IFOR then SFOR ,

Ahhhhh.  The tour to no where.  :'(

I apparently have SQ next summer at Wainright. What's so bad about Wainright?

Back