• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

29 days and counting...

janbear

Inactive
Reaction score
so i had been thinkin of joining the military for years now and since breaking up with the bf i decided it was time since i have nothing holding me back. I filled out all my forms In february and here I am now...exactly 29 days away from basic training. The fear of the unknown is setting in, yet i'm still incredibly excited. It's gonna be the toughest yet most rewarding time of my life i assume

I enlisted as an armoured soldier cause i coudn't see myself anywhere else. It's been a goal of mine to drive a tank and be out in the field. I've always been one of the boys and know i can handle myself out there...i'm more worried about all the running in training, lol.

Anyways. just wanted to introduce myself...i'm Janet, 26, and from Regina,Sk. I fly outta Regina on June 27th and start training June 29th:) Enrolment is coming up Thursday June 4th....i'm so excited and pretty damn proud of myself too:)

Hey janbear!

Congratulations, good luck with everything.

(advice: being able to run is very important in combat... you never know what can happen, your physical endurance can be a life saver for you and your team mates.)

Thanks so much!

Oh i know im gonna get damn good at running...it just won't be fun!....i'm assuming i'm gonna be in great shape once everything is done...kind of like a fat camp but more yelling, pushups, and rifles, lol

I'm super excited to head to Quebec and start my new life...no more working in a liquor store for me:)

See you there janbear :eek:)

I'm from the Toronto Area in Ontario, going in as an AES OP  :eek:)

The 29th is fast approaching!!  I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little nervous, but I'm excited too!

See you all there soon!
Good luck!

Back