• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

25mm TOC 0901 pictures

deh

Inactive
Reaction score
Howdy all,

We here at 2RCR just finished a 25mm Turret Operators Course and managed to grab a couple decent photos.  Just wanted to share, some of the night shoot ones are pretty unique I think.

If this is the wrong forum feel free to move or delete...

3294292120_f6105517f1.jpg

3293494327_295f7d8f03.jpg

3293485659_ef5a0f1d99.jpg

3294291796_e99efc5362.jpg

3296850493_6e0514f923.jpg

A whole bunch more and much higher resolution can be found at my flickr account;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deh39/sets/72157614083665191/

Some great pics deh!
Thanks for sharing.

Lotta snow out there - when were the pics taken ?

Thanks Geo,

They were taken around 18 Feb-ish.  Sadly the snow just won't stop and go away around here.

Awesome pictures - the quality is fantastic.  I don't know what camera you have, but I want it.

Pointer said:
Awesome pictures - the quality is fantastic.  I don't know what camera you have, but I want it.

It was all done with just a Canon 40D.  Nothing too fancy.

Its taken at Pet isnt it? Looks magic, i've just been showing all the boys down here and apart from the obvious Coyote-ASLAV differences they've all been blown away with all the snow. It looks absolutely magic.

Digger Hale said:
Its taken at Pet isnt it? Looks magic, i've just been showing all the boys down here and apart from the obvious Coyote-ASLAV differences they've all been blown away with all the snow. It looks absolutely magic.

These were all taken at CFB Gagetown.  We have had a rather snowy year down here.  Between range days we got buried with something like 17cm of snow in one night.  On the upside it made range clean up easy, by the time we got back to the pad a plow had pushed all our salvage god knows where...  Spring clean up here we come!

But seriously, all the targets had to be setup with LOSV (the army snowmobile) and even the grader that was plowing out our stab run lanes got stuck.  Training in Canada is a shit show in late February.

iknow there are some tracer being fired but looks like lazer rounds lol
i enjoyed photographing night shoots when i had the chance always cool
not bad for a canon camera.
Nikon rules the day and night

FormerHorseGuard said:
iknow there are some tracer being fired but looks like lazer rounds lol
i enjoyed photographing night shoots when i had the chance always cool
not bad for a canon camera.
Nikon rules the day and night

Thanks for the kind words!  The night shoots are always cool.  I think you find once you get into the DSLR's there really is little difference in the equipment, more the user that makes the shot.  And being the canon fanboy I am, I can't help but point out that almost all pro sports shooters use canon.

http://www.kosoof.com/photo/00018-olampic05.jpg

Every white lens is from a canon camera, the two black in the lower left are Nikon.

deh said:
But seriously, all the targets had to be setup with LOSV (the army snowmobile) and even the grader that was plowing out our stab run lanes got stuck.  Training in Canada is a shit show in late February.
Lol, you should try training in Australia in February, its too bloody hot! The only thing that'll close our ranges are mobs of Kangaroo's! Your photo's look absolutely amazing, well done

Digger Hale said:
Lol, you should try training in Australia in February, its too bloody hot! The only thing that'll close our ranges are mobs of Kangaroo's! Your photo's look absolutely amazing, well done

Thanks! You know I could deal with jumping rats if it meant I never had to hear the words "Winter" and "Indoc" ever again.  Should be some new pictures coming soon, plenty of blocked out spots on the calender these days.

deh said:
I think you find once you get into the DSLR's there really is little difference in the equipment, more the user that makes the shot.  And being the canon fanboy I am, I can't help but point out that almost all pro sports shooters use canon.
Deh,
I have to agree with your first statement; to each his own.
Now, as for the second, I think that is a bit of self-indulgence. I think you'd have a hard time convincing anyone who knows photography that from one or a few photos, Canon is the pro choice. From anything I've read, they are probably evenly split. Here's a more balanced pic:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/images-85/photographers.jpg
Now as a Nikon fan, I wouldn't give up my new D90 for anything. Can't wait to really work out the new Tokina 12-24 f4 that I bought in the States.  ;D

ex-Sup said:
Deh,
I have to agree with your first statement; to each his own.
Now, as for the second, I think that is a bit of self-indulgence. I think you'd have a hard time convincing anyone who knows photography that from one or a few photos, Canon is the pro choice. From anything I've read, they are probably evenly split. Here's a more balanced pic:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/images-85/photographers.jpg
Now as a Nikon fan, I wouldn't give up my new D90 for anything. Can't wait to really work out the new Tokina 12-24 f4 that I bought in the States.  ;D

I love how the fanboy-ism (mostly mine I admit ;)) even spills over into places like this.  To be honest with the discount Nikon gives all Federal Government employees I am seriously considering the switch.  That, and I can abuse work lenses when I go to the field.  It's true though, there is nothing here that couldn't just as easily have been done on a d300.  My only gripe with Nikon is there really is nothing in the way of fast prime lenses.  At least nothing like the Canon 35mm/85mm/135mm L holy trinity.

deh said:
My only gripe with Nikon is there really is nothing in the way of fast prime lenses.
Now I know jacksh@t about Canon lenses, but you might be mistaken here. I'm guessing these are not digital specific lenses, because Nikon has it's lot:
http://www.nikon.ca/en/Lens.aspx#
I know that a 35mm DX (52mm FX eqiv) will in stores soon; it's on the same link under "DX."

deh said:
To be honest with the discount Nikon gives all Federal Government employees I am seriously considering the switch.
Damn  :mad:
Too bad I'm not still in, but then again I'm sure my salary wouldn't be the same as it is now (+Xmas break, March break and summers off  ;D)

ex-Sup said:
Now I know jacksh@t about Canon lenses, but you might be mistaken here. I'm guessing these are not digital specific lenses, because Nikon has it's lot:
http://www.nikon.ca/en/Lens.aspx#
I know that a 35mm DX (52mm FX eqiv) will in stores soon; it's on the same link under "DX."

You can't really compare a crop sensor consumer lens to a full frame L series professional lens.  You are comparing the kia rio to a space shuttle at this point.  Whenever Nikon updates their professional Prime lenses to af-s/g I'll switch the same day.  As in when they update the 85mm f1.4D to G or the AI-S 35mm 1.4.  Not their crop sensor kit lenses.  They do make an amazing full frame zoom lens though, it is just fast primes where they are lacking.

Nice pics, Deh

There's soft spot in my heart for LAV Gunners.  Check my sig line. ;D

Wonderbread said:
Nice pics, Deh

There's soft spot in my heart for LAV Gunners.  Check my sig line. ;D

Thanks man,  for the record the z pattern HEI-T shoot was my favourite.  Nevermind that we had to do with TPDS-T. 

Sadly I'll never get to gun as I did the course as a MCpl. Unless I play punchout at a mess dinner.  Ahh to be a Pte again...

Back