• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

122nd Regiment

Yes, you are correct.

I was ahead of myself. Sorry for the confusion.

There are postcard scenes with the 122nd Battalion as well and local newspaper write-ups about the battalion some years ago.

Kindest regards.

Muskokan

He who throws dirt into one's face, loses ground. Yomchi

Did a google search and came up with this ........

Post World War 1
After World War 1, the Canadian Militia was re-organized. The 159 th (1 st Algonquins, Haileybury), 228 th (Northern Fusiliers, North Bay), and the 256th( Toronto) Battalions, were perpetuated in The Algonquin Rifles. Other areas involved included Sudbury, and up the TNO line to the Porcupine Gold Camps. In 1933, the unit was renamed The Algonquin Regiment. The regiment decided to keep the original 97 th symbol of the bull moose on the redesigned cap badge. In 1936 more changes came. "A" Company in Sudbury was cut out and amalgamated with the Sault-Ste-Marie Regiment to become the Sault-Ste-Marie/Sudbury Regiment, and the Northern Pioneers (23 rd Battalion), who perpetuated the 122 nd, and the 162 nd World War 1 Battalions from the Huntsville, Parry Sound, and Muskoka areas, were amalgamated with The Algonquin Regiment. As a result, the regiment covered a wide area from Bracebridge and Parry Sound in the south, to Timmins and Cochrane in the north.

Here is the link....  http://www.algonquinregiment.com/history.html

Interesting information. Thank you for the update.

I collect postal history and old postcards and have been fortunate enough to find a couple with scenes of the 122nd

Kindest regards

Larry (Muskokan)

Back