• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

1 minute late....sorry you'll have to reschedule!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
During my husbands SQ he showed up 3 minutes late from a weekend leave and he was considered AWOL.  He had to write a 500 word essay on why timing is important.  Get used to the micro minute management.

For every minute any one of our platoon was late at bmq, we paid for it by doing 10 pushups for every late minute. Our instructor had a little built-in calculator in his head and whenever we had a few 'extra' minutes he'd have us do the pushups we owed him from so-and-so being late.

When he got sick of pushups, we'd do jumping jacks.

He told us to always be 5 minutes early. Anything more than 5 minutes early was a waste of time - anything less and you were late.

Bo said:
I show up at the Nautilus gym and tell the receptionist I'm here for the physical. She looks at her watch and says (I'm not kidding):

"It's 11:31, sorry you'll have to reschedule"

Me being a funny guy, I decide to play along with this funny joke. "I guess I'll have to reschedule then, hehe" I say. The girl then pulls out this schedule and asks me when I want to book the appointment. I'm standing there still thinking she's joking around until her manager comes and says "Sorry sir, you have to show up on time".

I started laughing. 11:31   :eek: :eek: :eek:

I had an argument with the manager regarding this 1 minute late policy but it got me nowhere. After 5 minutes, she actually had the nerve to say "Well you've been arguing for 5 minutes so it's too late now". I probably could have bench pressed 300lbs when that stupidity left her mouth. Man, I was pissed.

In the end, I rescheduled for Monday. The moral of the story is: You can't win arguments with women, j/k. Show up early!!!
Is there another option, I know here in Calgary your can either do your physical at Phoenix Gym, or Fitness on Fifth. If your upset with the way you were treated, maybe you should look in to another gym.

Well at least you will not have to pay to retake your test, but I would bring it up to whomever is in charge. Treating someone like that because of a minute is not acceptable.

Here, if you miss your pt appt., you have to pay for the next one. The CFRC will not pay for more than one gym (PT Test) appt per person.

Springroll said:
Well at least you will not have to pay to retake your test, but I would bring it up to whomever is in charge. Treating someone like that because of a minute is not acceptable.

Here, if you miss your pt appt., you have to pay for the next one. The CFRC will not pay for more than one gym (PT Test) appt per person.

The guy has not even laid his hand on the Bible with the other in the air, and your advice to him is to find someone in charge and then complain??   It is unacceptable??

Wow I guess some people are going to have a culture shock if they make it in!

You want advice?   here, take what happened and learn from it!   Worry about getting in as opposed to finding someone in charge to complain...

dileas

tess

Yes, he was late, but if it really was only by a minute, and not five, then they should've let him in.
If he was a civvie who was paying for a personal trainer and they were a minute late, would they be told to reschedule? No
The CF is paying for the instructors time, and with that being at a civvie gym, I am sure they have some sort of "scam" going on..like what happened to him.

By suggesting he take it to someone in charge, I was referring to a district manager or the like, not the CF. They really have nothing to do with the situation other than it is their test being administered by a civvie.

I have nothing to learn from it because I am never late, not even on my wedding day.

Cheers!

Springroll said:
Treating someone like that because of a minute is not acceptable.
The only thing that was not acceptable was being late in the first place.  1 minute or 30 makes no difference.  I think that is what people here who have many years in the CF have said REPEATEDLY !!

Maybe one day, when you are all grown-up and your years of service equal more than zero you will "get it".

This thread is going around in circles and has thus outlived its usefulness.

aesop081 said:
The only thing that was not acceptable was being late in the first place.  1 minute or 30 makes no difference.  I think that is what people here who have many years in the CF have said REPEATEDLY !!

Maybe one day, when you are all grown-up and your years of service equal more than zero you will "get it".
This thread is going around in circles and has thus outlived its usefulness.

But the only place this has with the CF is that it is their test, and that is all.
This is a civvie establishment and civvies are administering the test.

So next time you are late going somewhere run by civvies, you will just buck up and take it? Yeah right.
If you are one minute late for your dinner reservations, you would fight it a bit by speaking to the managaer or whatever?
Majority of humans would, so what makes this situation any different?

aesop081  agreed,

And let's see if our Arm Chair Generals would mind if their fire team partner were 1 minute late in laying down fire, when they were taking their bound.

Conspiracies even...

dileas

tess

Springroll said:
so what makes this situation any different?

As mentioned before, he should never have been late in the first place.  That is what makes it different. He wants to join the CF........DON'T SHOW UP LATE !!  What the gym did is irrelevant to all this.  If he had been a few minutes early, he would not have had any problems.

Being late for anything just breeds the feeling its ok. In the military as was pointed out its not! If we program a Harpoon missile to be on target for 1001 hrs and the correct Time on Target was 1000 then we miss our target or hit something that should not have been hit. If others are feeling this is unacceptable or they feel they can complain to someone about it you folks are in for a real rude shock. Springroll ask your husband what would happen if he arrived 1 minute after the brow was landed from his ship. After all its only one minute or being one minute late for Divisions. If your late your late pure and simple.

Believe it or not, there is a difference between being late for the CF and being late in the civvie world, and that is all i was trying to bring forward. Civvies tend to not think there are any serious repercusions when they are late, where as CF members are told to be on time or there will be(charges etc).

There is a difference between the CF and Civvie street, and I have a feeling that you guys just aren't understanding what I am saying...

Look this guy was going to an appointment set up by the CF for the CF thus it was a military appointment. He was on military time, he was late whether deliberate or not on military time. He was in error and according to the CF must pay the consequences. Since there seems to to be a disconnect here on the differences on civillian and military time I am locking it down.

There is a difference between the CF and Civvie street, and I have a feeling that you guys just aren't understanding what I am saying...

I disagree with this.  It does not matter if you are a civvie or a member of the military, if you are required to be at a certain place at a certain time, you make sure you allow yourself enough time to meet these requirements.  Do you arrive in class late?  Do you arrive at church late?  Doctor's appointments?  If you do, particularly on a regular basis, you have a poorly developed sense of personal responsibility. 

RULE 6 - If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

http://www.tomax7.com/thoughts/billgates.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back