Author Topic: Military Discounts List  (Read 646967 times)

Offline Big Spoon

• Rate Post
Re: Military Discounts List
« Reply #600 on: February 28, 2017, 16:17:26 »
Most of the places I have dealt with accept either Military ID or a CF1 Card

Offline Messerschmitt

• Rate Post
Rogers corp discount?
« Reply #601 on: April 17, 2017, 01:26:16 »
Do we have a Rogers corp discount code? I know many provincial and some federal get 30% off any plan. Who would I go ask? OR?

Offline Simian Turner

is a humbled, curious veteran!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Do the right thing; do the thing right!
Re: Rogers corp discount?
« Reply #602 on: April 17, 2017, 07:12:17 »
You could look here:  https://cfappreciation.ca/  or in this thread: https://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,741.0.html

In many cases it is a local authorized dealer that offers this discount and not the corporate entity, i.e., Rogers or Telus. The duration of the offer will vary with local affiliated dealer and the related sales volumes.  In most cases the Corporate entity will have no idea about the discount so you need to see/contact the local store.

Examples: In 2014 this was the discount program through Getconnected:

Exclusive offer for CAF Members!

$30 per month:
1000 Anytime Minutes Local Calling
Unlimited Text, Picture & Video Messaging
Eve / Wknds Unlimited Local Calling from 6pm
Voicemail, Call Display, Name Display
Call Forwarding. Call Waiting
* Data not available with this Voice Plan

$60 V&D Bundle per month (Regularly $75 per month)
Unlimited Local Calling
Unlimited Text, Picture & Video
Messaging
250 CDN LD minutes
3GB Data
Call Forwarding, Call Waiting

$70 V&D Bundle per month (Regularly $85 per month)
Unlimited Local Calling
Unlimited Text, Picture & Video
Messaging
250 CDN LD minutes
5GB Data
Call Forwarding, Call Waiting

Contact Mike Jablonski at 416-727-9994 or mjablonski@getconnected.ca

Online at www.getconnected.ca/signin, Enter passcode “rogersepp”, then click, LOGIN

Telus affiliate has a discount as well:

https://portal.smartcell.ca/forces#Home
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 07:20:03 by Simian Turner »
The grand essentials of happiness: something to do, something to love, something to hope for.  Allan K. Chalmers

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #603 on: April 17, 2017, 22:23:05 »
They're both 30%, and you'll typically get a 0 dollar or low fee high end phone for a 2 year contract. Just switched to telus with this.

Offline Messerschmitt

• Rate Post
« Reply #604 on: April 19, 2017, 00:22:17 »
They're both 30%, and you'll typically get a 0 dollar or low fee high end phone for a 2 year contract. Just switched to telus with this.

Yea this is what I'm looking for, the 30% of any plans they have available. Where can I get any current plan on market and add the 30% discount? Or what is the procedure?

Simian Turner, thank you for the info, but I'm not looking for plans "specific" for us. I'm looking to be able to apply a 30% discount to any plan I wish to go with that is publicly available on Rogers/Telus website.

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #605 on: April 19, 2017, 08:25:14 »
I believe the Rogers discount is 30% off their Share Everything. It can be limited though, so check through CF appreciation and find the dealer website. Just do a search for Rogers and it should be one of the only hits.

Offline Arty39

• Rate Post
« Reply #606 on: April 19, 2017, 10:19:02 »
I believe the Rogers discount is 30% off their Share Everything. It can be limited though, so check through CF appreciation and find the dealer website. Just do a search for Rogers and it should be one of the only hits.

I pay $87 for a $125 plan with Rogers. 7gb data and unlimited every thing else. Just had to call and then they email you a confirmation link to your forces email to prove you work for the army.

Offline Messerschmitt

• Rate Post
« Reply #607 on: April 21, 2017, 01:50:01 »
Ok yea perfect, this is what I'm looking for. I tried cfappreciation but the website crashes everytime and scripts stop working. Tried both firefox and internet explorer.

Arty39, what exact steps did you do to get the discount?

Offline kratz

Happy 150th.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #608 on: May 18, 2017, 10:01:49 »
For science fiction / comic fans in the Halifax, NS area this fall:

Hal-Con tickets go on sale tonight at 7pm.

The H&RMFRC announced, Military members and their families can save $10 per ticket with Promo Code: MILITARYFAMILY.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • My uncle F/Sgt W.H.S. Buckwell KIA 14/05/43 22YOA
« Reply #609 on: May 18, 2017, 16:37:00 »
I've got the Admiral coming up on a welfare check next month, she's asking if there are any restaurants in the NCR that offer discounts.  I plan to take her to a couple of places already like the Golden Palace for the egg rolls etc. but she's not a burger fan so some of my other haunts like The Works won't really interest her.  Any suggestions out there?
I'm just like the CAF, I seem to have retention issues.

Offline Rifleman62

Retired.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #610 on: May 22, 2017, 09:22:35 »
Sent an email to Home Depot re the price of an wet/dry vac made in Mexico (NAFTA). Price: US $99, less military discount $89. Cost in Canada $179. This is the reply. Does anyone know this project and what Home Depot did?

Thank you for contacting The Home Depot Customer Care.

We do not price match our US counterpart. Pricing is a complicated issue and prices continue to be different in Canadian and U.S. stores, due to factors such as transportation costs, distribution differences, Canadian packaging standards, labor laws, and the price at which products were purchased.

We are committed to delivering value to the Canadian consumer and we will continue to look for ways to provide the most competitive prices to our valued customers.

In regard to the second inquiry regarding military discount, In Canada we honor and support our veteran customers and associates in ways that go beyond a discount for individuals.

Team Depot associates worked with The Madison Military Veteran’s Housing in Calgary, donating charitable items help improve their space. Please be informed that when it comes to providing discounts, it’s very important to The Home Depot Canada that we treat all customers and associates fairly across the country.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you and Have a Great Day,
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 10:15:43 by Rifleman62 »
Never Congratulate Yourself In Victory, Nor Blame Your Horses In Defeat - Old Cossack Expression

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #611 on: May 27, 2017, 02:43:47 »
Don't know where you're at but I have other options besides Home Depot. I can just go somewhere else.

In the end, they're private corporations and can set their own policies. I don't mind military discounts but they are a merchant's decision and nice if they do but I don't lose sleep if they don't.
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

Offline Rifleman62

Retired.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #612 on: May 27, 2017, 09:18:11 »
Agree. The point is the price difference, almost double without a discount.
Never Congratulate Yourself In Victory, Nor Blame Your Horses In Defeat - Old Cossack Expression

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #613 on: May 27, 2017, 11:00:06 »
Welcome to Canada. I live on the border and it has always been thus. Books, magazines, cars built down the block, groceries, almost everything imaginable, except Robertson screwdrivers. Even after exchange, it's still worth it to shop over there. I saw two medium sized bags of charcoal in Ohio, they were shrinkwrapped together and selling for $5 USD, for the package.
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #614 on: August 16, 2017, 22:50:27 »
John Deere: Free two-year Platinum GreenFleet membership for CAF members and veterans: https://www.deere.ca/en/campaigns/ag-turf/greenfleet/military-service/

2 year membership
Valuable Equipment Discounts
Monthly GreenFleet emails
12 exclusive offers per year via email
10% Off Workshop Products
10% Off JohnDeereGifts.com
Special Low Rate Financing
Free Homestead Magazine Subscription
Buy Equipment Online
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline Rifleman62

Retired.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #615 on: October 18, 2017, 10:32:40 »
Don't think there are discounts but did not think this deserved a new thread. Also contacted the company and suggested that they advertise here.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/3526222

Edmonton Entrepreneur Launches Black Rifle Coffee Company Canada

EDMONTON, Alberta--(Business Wire)--Edmonton Entrepreneur, Author, and Rich Dad Advisor Darren Weeks announces the official launch of Black Rifle Coffee Company Canada (BRCC Canada) as the first global partner of Black Rifle Coffee Company (Salt Lake City, Utah) started by veterans and first responders. BRCC Canada offers a lifestyle brand for protectors (military, veterans, first responders, and RCMP detachments).

BRCC Canada products now available online include:

12 premium roast coffee blends (Just Black, Complete Mission Fuel, Blackbeards Delight, Beyond Black, Combat Cocoa Canister and distinct Canadian only blends).
Monthly Subscription “Coffee Club” Membership.
Daring merchandise (branded T-shirts, hats, hoodies and more).

Over 1.7 million Canadians have served in wars, according to Veteran Affairs Canada (VAC). BRCC Canada CEO Darren Weeks’ grandfathers served in World War II and the Korean War, and emphasized, “Canadians have always participated in important global missions. We’re proud to support our veteran community, who represent the values everyone strives to achieve: ‘integrity, respect, service and commitment, accountability, and teamwork’ (VAC).”

Canadian native and CEO Weeks added, “BRCC Canada will also hire Canadian veterans and Customer Service Representatives, and ship locally from Alberta.”

About Black Rifle Coffee Company Canada

Black Rifle Coffee Company Canada (BRCC Canada) is new, premium coffee enterprise in Canada, who is honoured to be the first global partner of Black Rifle Coffee Company (Salt Lake City, Utah). BRCC Canada offers a premium, roast-to-order coffee anyone can order online as an individual purchase or monthly subscription with home delivery. BRCC Canada supports two charities, Little Warriors and Warriors Heart Foundation, who will receive a portion of sales. BRCC Canada will continue to work closely with Black Rifle Coffee Company to maintain consistency in branding. https://blackriflecoffee.ca

About Darren Weeks

Darren Weeks is the CEO/Founder of Black Rifle Coffee Company Canada (BRCC Canada), CEO of Fast Track Group Canada (with PROFIT 100 and 200 rankings from 2010-2012), Author (The Art of Raising Capital) and Rich Dad Advisor to Robert Kiyosaki (Rich Dad Poor Dad). Weeks is now focused on growing new companies including: Black Rifle Coffee Company Canada, Hoffman Institute, Celestial Wine and Spirits, Ladder Lockdown Canada and Round Table Board Gamerie, and is on the Honorary Advisory Board of Warriors Heart Foundation.

http://darrenweeks.com/

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 11:21:05 by Rifleman62 »