Author Topic: CSAM video in/out - How do you do it?????????  (Read 1576 times)

Offline Ham Sandwich

• Rate Post
CSAM video in/out - How do you do it?????????
« on: November 30, 2007, 23:37:39 »
Okay, so i've heard everyone and their dog say "Hey, you know you can plug an XBOX into your CSAM, and record CSAM footage by linking your camcorder to it" but nobody's seen it done, and they just heard it from a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who did it overseas.

Is it actually possible to feed video in from an external source like an XBOX or DVD player and/or feed your camcorder from it? And if so, how is it done and what do you need? Is it as simple as finding the proper cables and just hooking up?

(P.S. i'm looking to hear from someone who's actually done it or seen it done, ive already heard plenty of "well some jackass on some tour i wasn't one allegedly did it" at work)

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
Re: CSAM video in/out - How do you do it?????????
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 13:41:20 »
I've seen people plug externally mounted helmet cameras into camcorders they keep in their backpack, so yes it is possible with most camcorders to record from an external video feed.

I'm not at all familiar with the CSAM, but hopefully this is a small step in the right direction for you. I gather that the CSAM is one of the vehicle mounted video surveillance devices. If the CSAM has a video out, it's likely that there is some assembly of cables and/or adapters that will allow you to plug it into a camcorder. I can't say for the XBOX though.
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline combatbuddha

• Rate Post
Re: CSAM video in/out - How do you do it?????????
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 11:00:33 »
If it was mean't to be used for that reason it would be in the operators manual. The video I/Os would be readily available. If there is a suggested mod, you should bring it up officially through the UCR process. I would not suggest any deviations or modifications to the existing installation. The cables are expensive, extensive  and a pain in the arse to change.
It's a hell of an idea though.
Quare intentio ut vos can pervenio
Why Plan When You Can React