Author Topic: Help : how to change the profil  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Yrys

• α-γνωστικισμός
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • You can deprive the body but the soul needs choco!
Help : how to change the profil
« on: March 07, 2007, 18:52:01 »
I erased my little bunny

(\__/)
(='.'=)   
(")_(")              to put a black cat instead, but the link

doesn't seem to work.
I have difficulties with emoticon in the ''About St. Micheals Medical Team ''
thread, so is it that, or is it a delay in the apperance of the change?

And now that I'm on the profil modifs, how do I indicate that my first language is french in it?
I see the space for it in others profils, but don't seem to see it in mine ?!?

IRK! the balck cat is working here! SIGHT!
Louvre website

"Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind."  Marcel Proust

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
Re: Help : how to change the profil
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 19:40:55 »
Where in your profile are you trying to put the cat?? In your signature line??
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline Yrys

• α-γνωστικισμός
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 19:50:47 »
Yes, in the signature line, just above the Proust quotation.
Louvre website

"Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind."  Marcel Proust

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 19:56:42 »
I tried to upload it for you as well and it just doesn't want to work.

I believe that Mike overrode the ability to post pics into signature lines quite some time ago as they consume alot of bandwidth and some users were posting some extra-flashy/shiney, and frankly, quite irritating pics in them that bothered other posters.

As for changing your language setting to "French", I also tried to correct your profile but had no "French" option, only English, German, Spanish. I also attempted the same on my own personal profile...and discovered that I don't have a "French" option either.

So the problem is you & I, or it's universal. Don't rule out it being me though!!  ;D

Mike!!! Can you confirm??
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • CFSME STAFF
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 20:01:53 »
Nah Vern it isn't you when I go to change the language I get English, Spanish, German and, Dutch.
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer

Offline Yrys

• α-γνωστικισμός
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 20:04:10 »
had no "French" option, only English, German, Spanish.

I've got the same language that Sapper, Dutch but no french  :D .
Louvre website

Offline Journeyman

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 20:19:09 »
I've got the same language that Sapper, Dutch but no french  :D .

My ex-wife is Dutch - - you don't want to go that way. And the Germans have no sense of humour, so go for Spanish....they're latin-blooded, kinda like the French   ;)
Imagine a world where people lacking the first clue about a topic refrained from posting ...

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 20:21:02 »
My ex-wife is Dutch - - you don't want to go that way. And the Germans have no sense of humour, so go for Spanish....they're latin-blooded, kinda like the French   ;)

That must have been very interesting; having a training wife who spoke a different language!!  :D
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

Offline Yrys

• α-γνωστικισμός
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 21:04:15 »
I've add a line in my profile :

Website:     I'm a francophone Smiley that can't seem to find french in language option...

So people that think I'm voluntarily massacring English but look into my profile will understand  ;D.

Now, there just the left...
Louvre website

Offline Kyle Burrows

• I'm Batman
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • "Barking out orders"
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 22:43:44 »
I've add a line in my profile :

Website:     I'm a francophone Smiley that can't seem to find french in language option...

So people that think I'm voluntarily massacring English but look into my profile will understand  ;D.

Now, there just the left...
Images in signatures was disabled a long time ago.  I'm afraid you're stuck with the ASCII.
Junior officers and NCOs who neglect to guide the thinking of their men are shirking a command responsibility.
-- February 1955 Combat Forces Journal

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 22:56:20 »
Images in signatures was disabled a long time ago.  I'm afraid you're stuck with the ASCII.

Just as I thought and posted earlier!!  There's still the mysterious matter of the non-French option though in the user-profile settings. I'm betting that it may be more popular around here than, let's say...Dutch!!  :D
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

Offline Kyle Burrows

• I'm Batman
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • "Barking out orders"
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 23:08:07 »
I'm pretty sure that stems from the software development teams languages.  Its not Mike B's installation, just what comes with the forum software.
Junior officers and NCOs who neglect to guide the thinking of their men are shirking a command responsibility.
-- February 1955 Combat Forces Journal

Online Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 13:07:58 »
Nice, come late to the party and everyone has it figured out. ;) You guys are right, images were hidden in signatures because... well, some of them were fairly distracting. ;)

I was surprised to see French missing from the language set as well, but it seems the developers (who are - or were - Canadian!) didn't add it for some reason.