Author Topic: Flash Lights  (Read 15946 times)

Offline Proud Canadian

• Rate Post
Re: Flash Lights
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2005, 08:54:37 »
Is the http://www.inovalight.com site down for others? I have not been able to access the website for days and wanted more info on their products.

Offline Infantry_

• Rate Post
  • Infantry
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2005, 09:06:32 »
it doesn't work for me, but tr www.trgear.com that's where i bought my inova flashlight... email Keith and he gives out military pricing
Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer.
- Major Holdridge

Only the dead have seen the end of war
   -Plato

Offline Black Watch

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2005, 21:45:45 »
cadpat webbing?

Offline Pte.Pinky

• Rate Post
  • "Fear has its use but cowardice has none" - Gandhi
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2005, 22:54:09 »
It was a joke.

JOKE TRANSLATOR:
This joke is funny because it makes fun of making old, low-speed-high-drag kit CADPAT just for the sake of making it look good, most likely in order to cover up its less-than-adequate features or quality.

(Anyone who listens to Montreal radio knows how the voice should sound. It's on CHOM, I believe)

Cheers,
Pinky
"You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one."
- James A. Froude

Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline GLOCK 31

• Civilian
  • Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2005, 00:26:25 »
I have the Inova T2.  Works great, strong, and lasts long.  You can check it out at http://www.inovalight.com/   .  And the place I got it was http://www.tetragon.ca/   .  Works on 02 lithium batteries, for 05 hours.  40 lumen's of white LED light, in a circle, with no dark patches.

I also have one similar to the Surefire M3.  Its the Surefire M96 mounted light.  I find it a tad heavy, and would have gone with the M2 style instead, with only 02 lithium's instead of 03.  The M3 produces 125 lumen's for an hour, or 225 for 20 minutes.  The beam is oval, and an amber kinda light, not white, because of the Xenon bulb.  http://www.surefire.com/   is Surefire's website.  And I got it from http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/   .

I have had no major problems with either light, thus far, and they are both very well made.
Here is a link to a thread about the Inova T2.  http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,36403.0.html
Here is a link to a review for the Inova T1, T2, T3.  http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/inova_t.htm
Here is a link to a review for the Surefire M2.  http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/surefire_c2_m2.htm
Here is a link to a review for the Surefire M3.  http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/surefire_m3.htm

Robert

P.S. I am not in the Army, so take it for what its worth.  I work Security at Night so I use the Inova T2 every day for the past 07 months.  But no where near the conditions that you would use in the Army.

Offline Proud Canadian

• Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2005, 20:25:00 »
I question the quality of the inova T1 and T2 as they have a nice rattle to them (never experienced this issue with the LED pelicans or surefires) in the LED portion of the light. Thought is was just a bad light but I opened 3 of the T1 and T2's and they all have the same noticeable rattle.  Does anyone experience this problem? Must say I was impressed with the LED output.

Offline Grunt

• Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2005, 06:33:08 »
Ive been playing with my night ops gladius for about a week, and it is an amazing little light.  Its programable to different modes, and has a unique strobe function that is really disorienting for anyone on the recieving end >:D.  The best feature is the adjustable beam, you can go right out to around 80 lumens of light if you need to (70 mins runtime), or adjust it down to .8 lumens to save batteries. 

Offline GLOCK 31

• Civilian
  • Rate Post
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2005, 08:12:19 »
Proud Canadian.  The T2 I own makes no noise when shaken.  It has taken quite a bit of abuse.  Usually dropping onto concrete because it is perfectly round, and rolls quite easy.  My buddies T2 has no rattle either.  His too takes a lot of abuse, mainly from him testing it himself.  He likes to prove how strong things are himself.  lol.  I only have access to the two lights though.  I might have just gotten lucky, or you unlucky, but not sure. 

The Night-Ops Gladius looks tempting to get.  I have no experience with it.  Grunt.  When you've tested it out more, your personal views on it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Robert

Offline TheBoomTimes

• Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2005, 22:40:39 »
Surefire. Tested. Works. There great. I dropped mine 4 times on concrete, nothing broken, just a few dents and scratches which I am hating myself for... but hell, they are solid.

I personally own a Surefire e2e. 60 lumens.

Offline baseballinahat

• Rate Post
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2006, 17:40:29 »
Im thinking of buying a flashlight, but I wanted to get other peoples input on it first. Should I get a weapons fixable flashlight so it can serve 2 purposes? This is for travelling thru the bush. Sometimes I will have my weapon, but sometimes I might not want to lug it around. Also those angled army flashlights, are they any good? I bought one ages ago and it fell apart really easily. Are there any really well made versions? Thanks for any help.  :threat:

Offline Michael O'Leary

• The moral high ground cannot be dominated by fire alone, it must be occupied to be claimed as held.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The Regimental Rogue
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2006, 17:44:54 »
Here's the search page:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php?action=search

Searching on the term "flashlight" results in SIX pages of threads discussing them.

You will likely find the opinions you're looking for there, though it may take a bit of time and reading.  Then if you need a little refinement of a particular issue, you can add it to the most relevant thread.

By the way, since this may not be specifically addressed; the mil-spec angle flashlights do not fall apart easily.  The cheap knock-offs aren't worth buying.

Offline baseballinahat

• Rate Post
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2006, 17:50:21 »
Okay thanks. mays well delete this. I'll add anything relevent to an already made flashlight thread.

MikeL

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2006, 17:50:29 »
Your a cadet, why do you need a flashlight to mount on a weapon?

Offline baseballinahat

• Rate Post
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2006, 17:53:45 »
Im not a cadet, but I was one years ago. Im a gun owner and camper.

MikeL

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2006, 17:56:44 »
Most flashlights can be mounted on a weapon. You just need to buy a mount that will fit the flashlight an can be attached to your rifle(like onto a rail system or something), etc

IMO, Surefire is the best there is for lights.

Offline baseballinahat

• Rate Post
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2006, 17:59:22 »
I want one that clips to my load bearing vest too. Like an angled light but one that is really well made, produces a good beam and lasts along time. Can led lights produce enough light to go at least 100 yards to view a target?

MikeL

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2006, 18:02:13 »
The military L shaped lights suck.

Why do you need it to be able to attach to your vest?

I dunno of any IED lights that can produce that much light.

I'd go with a Surefire G2 though. Or you can check out their site, an look at all their lights, an the ones meant to be attached to weapons.

Offline baseballinahat

• Rate Post
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2006, 18:07:07 »
Well the only thing I really like about the L light is the ability to strap it to your load bearing vest and keep your hands free while you have it on your body looking at something. I'll go look at surefires site and see if they have one of those.

MikeL

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2006, 18:11:37 »
You can try a headlamp to.

Out of curiosity, what do you do when you patrol the woods wearing your LBE an rifle in hand?

Or do you play Airsoft?

Offline baseballinahat

• Rate Post
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2006, 18:17:02 »
I like to travel thru the woods day or night, so I can get to where Im going faster. I start at first light then quit about 12:00am, eat on my feet ect... Part of it is pushing myself physically too, to see what I can do.  :threat:

Offline Lerch

• The Guns, thank God the Guns!
  • Rate Post
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2006, 14:32:35 »
I would suggest buying an LED headlamp and just securing it to your vest. I'm finding more and more that the angle-light really sucks for anything other then personal use (around the house).
Stay frosty

Offline Pte.Pinky

• Rate Post
  • "Fear has its use but cowardice has none" - Gandhi
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2006, 00:29:11 »
I've learned from Jean Chretien and now keep my angle flashlight within reach while I sleep, just incase I need to crack a burgler on the noggin ;)

I've never seen a flashlight that will light up a target at 100m, but one might exist somewhere. You could always hire a midget to walk around with you with one of those giant police spotlights on his back. Then you'll always have that uber-bright, long distance light that no man should be without ;D

Cheers,
Pinky

P.S. Maybe check out some of Surefire's stuff. Not the cheapest, but I've never heard a bad word about 'em.
"You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one."
- James A. Froude

Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline mudgunner49

• Rate Post
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2006, 22:50:29 »
I've learned from Jean Chretien and now keep my angle flashlight within reach while I sleep, just incase I need to crack a burgler on the noggin ;)

I've never seen a flashlight that will light up a target at 100m, but one might exist somewhere. You could always hire a midget to walk around with you with one of those giant police spotlights on his back. Then you'll always have that uber-bright, long distance light that no man should be without ;D

Cheers,
Pinky

P.S. Maybe check out some of Surefire's stuff. Not the cheapest, but I've never heard a bad word about 'em.

My Surefire C2 with a P61 lamp assembly will - and quite nicely...

blake

Offline Lerch

• The Guns, thank God the Guns!
  • Rate Post
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2006, 23:57:32 »
You could always hire a midget to walk around with you with one of those giant police spotlights on his back. Then you'll always have that uber-bright, long distance light that no man should be without ;D

That would be Floodlamp, MkVII, 100w on an Oompa Loompa, Gen5, Floodlamp Support ;)
Stay frosty

Offline Tommy

• If you dont fill out your Claim properly, the Terrorists Win...
  • Rate Post
  • This Space for Rent - Enquire Within
    • iRock
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2006, 06:04:04 »
I would suggest buying an LED headlamp and just securing it to your vest. I'm finding more and more that the angle-light really sucks for anything other then personal use (around the house).

I havent used that thing in about 2-3 years. between my Strion, my Scorpion, and my LED converted Mini Mag, I have no need for a weak underpowered, overweight POS like that.

when the Crook-Neck first came out it was a good piece of kit. heck, it still works. but if you want a good Tac Light, you gotta invest some coin.

regards
      Josh
Tommy is retired now so he can say any opinion he darned well pleases so long as it stays within the forum guidelines :D