Author Topic: From USAF to Space Force  (Read 588 times)

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
From USAF to Space Force
« on: September 15, 2020, 22:32:57 »
Three Osan based Captains transitioned to Space Force.

https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/same-desks-different-service-space-force-welcomes-handful-of-air-force-transfers-in-south-korea-1.645105

OSAN AIR BASE, South Korea — Three Air Force captains and a master sergeant joined approximately 2,400 other members of America’s newest military service, the Space Force, at a swearing-in Monday at the Osan officer’s club.

Seventh Air Force commander Lt. Gen. Scott Pleus administered the oath to Capt. Juan Correa, of Independence, Ky.; Capt. Jacob Myers, of Crowley, La.; Capt. Sean Sherlock, of San Diego; and Master Sgt. Patrick McCanless, of Brookneal, Va.

Offline Thucydides

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Freespeecher
Re: From USAF to Space Force
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 08:26:20 »
The USSF is already defining their battlespace (literally) as Cis-lunar space. Operating out of Earth Orbit provides huge manoeuvre space, strategic depth and allows the coverage of the Moon as a resource and logistics platform. SF by people like Ben Bova or Jerry Pournelle becomes real life events:

https://www.space.com/earth-moon-space-us-military-high-ground.html

longish article, follow the link
Dagny, this is not a battle over material goods. It's a moral crisis, the greatest the world has ever faced and the last. Our age is the climax of centuries of evil. We must put an end to it, once and for all, or perish - we, the men of the mind. It was our own guilt. We produced the wealth of the world - but we let our enemies write its moral code.

Offline Spencer100

• Rate Post
Re: From USAF to Space Force
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 12:14:08 »
The militarization of space will happen, we are human. 

On another note every time I think of Elon Musk. I think he sounds like a character right out of a Ben Bova novel.

Thinking CEO Dan Randolph of Astro Corp. In Bova's Grand Tour series.  Elon I'm just waiting for diamond constructed spaceships.  Hmmm I wonder if Elon is a fan of Bova?