Author Topic: Nuke attack in Detroit exercise  (Read 574 times)

Offline Spencer100

• Rate Post
Nuke attack in Detroit exercise
« on: August 16, 2019, 22:54:02 »
Nuke attack on the Ambassador Bridge exercise

https://beta.windsorstar.com/news/local-news/cross-border-emergency-responders-partake-in-military-exercise/wcm/42ecb117-d867-455e-85a0-aaa7d696fe29/amp/

I have long said an Ambassador bridge attack would be the single biggest economic blow to North America. 

Every auto factory in North America would close in hours.  Most other factories not long after that.  American economy would be crippled Canada's would be destroyed.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 23:08:54 by Spencer100 »

Offline Ostrozac

• Rate Post
Re: Nuke attack in Detroit exercise
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 23:38:53 »
Nuke attack on the Ambassador Bridge exercise

https://beta.windsorstar.com/news/local-news/cross-border-emergency-responders-partake-in-military-exercise/wcm/42ecb117-d867-455e-85a0-aaa7d696fe29/amp/

I have long said an Ambassador bridge attack would be the single biggest economic blow to North America. 

Every auto factory in North America would close in hours.  Most other factories not long after that.  American economy would be crippled Canada's would be destroyed.

Of the top 10 automotive plants in the US, only one is in Michigan, the Ford plant in Dearborn. (The GM plant in Lansing just misses out at 11th place.) The US automotive industry is significantly more dispersed than it used to be, and could survive the loss of that bridge.

Offline Spencer100

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 23:45:57 »
Trust me every Assembly plant in North America by every OEM. Would shut.   Parts and industry totally integrated.  Many many assemblies and parts move multiple times across the border.   Magna, Linamar FlexNGate have about 100 plants in Canada supplying every OEM.  This is my SME automotive logistics   

Offline dapaterson

Mostly Harmless.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 23:47:46 »
Last figures I saw say 25% of trade crosses the Ambassador bridge.

Hence the importance of pissing off Maroun with the Gordie Howe Bridge.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 00:55:25 »
Last figures I saw say 25% of trade crosses the Ambassador bridge.

Hence the importance of pissing off Maroun with the Gordie Howe Bridge.

Much of the auto sector operates on just in time delivery of key parts, components, and sub-assemblies. Some will cross back and forth multiple times while coalescing into complete vehicles. These assembly plants run very lean logistically- minimal warehouse space or extra stocks, they really have it down to a science, predicated on extremely predictable shipments. I wonder what a 24 hour bridge closure would look like? Or 72? Or a week? What if the tunnel got hit too, and the bridge in Sarnia?

I have only a surface idea of what moves across in that single industrial sector. What else would be affected if one or more of the Ontario-Michigan bridges got hit?
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.