Author Topic: New Badge of the RCMS?  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Fred Herriot

• Rate Post
  • New Recruit
    • http://NA
New Badge of the RCMS?
« on: August 05, 2019, 01:02:08 »
Was scanning through the Canadian Heraldic Authority's listings at the Governor General's website and I saw this:

https://reg.gg.ca/heraldry/pub-reg/project.asp?lang=e&ProjectID=3148&ShowAll=1

Is this some sort of new badge planned for members of the RCMS?
Non Nobis Sed Patriae
Servire Armatis

Online ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
Re: New Badge of the RCMS?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 06:07:40 »
I'm not so sure. It looks a lot like the badge that Air Force pers wear above their nametags.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline MedCorps

• Rate Post
  • Rucksack Living!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 07:57:19 »
This is a badge only worn by RCAF personnel in the RCMS in order to identify them as such, otherwise there would be no identifier, especially in short sleeves (3A) order of dress.

Worn above the name tag.

Cheers,

MC

Online Blackadder1916

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 11:23:20 »
This is a badge only worn by RCAF personnel in the RCMS in order to identify them as such, otherwise there would be no identifier, especially in short sleeves (3A) order of dress.

Worn above the name tag.

Cheers,

MC

Is this a change to the badge or simply a "confirmation" of the design?  I'm embarrassed to admit I never really paid attention to the "air force" medical trade badge; I assumed that it was simply a resurrection of the original RCAF (the single service) medical branch collar badges.  The RCAF (and the RAF, RAAF and RNZAF . . .) medical badges were winged "caduceus" (twin serpents entwined around a staff) while the RCAMC and subsequently the CFMS badge had the "rod of Aesculapius" (single snake).
Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky.

Offline RubberTree

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 16:30:42 »
It was gold in colour and is now silver along with the other RCAF buttons and wings. I wonder if that necessitated a change in the document as well?

Offline MedCorps

• Rate Post
  • Rucksack Living!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 19:01:16 »
Is this a change to the badge or simply a "confirmation" of the design? 

Confirmation of the design.  Authorized now in silver, as opposed to the original gold.

MC