Author Topic: Fitness Training Available in Calgary Area  (Read 429 times)

Online Bruce Monkhouse

Is a pinball wizard.

• Lab Experiment #13
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • WHERE IS MY BATON?
    • http://www.canadianbands.com./home.html
Fitness Training Available in Calgary Area
« on: April 09, 2019, 14:54:28 »
For anyone looking for a fitness trainer in the Calgary area, my Daughter is opening up her own brand of fitness training.  She has been an amazing athlete all her life right up to playing varsity level volleyball and strength/conditioning.  She has her degrees in Kinesiology/Sociology BA and can provide service in French or English.  If you want to up your game before joining, or just up your game in life,  I'm sure she can provide you with the plan and motivation to get there.
https://www.melissamonkhousefitness.com/
IF YOU REALLY ENJOY THIS SITE AND WISH TO CONTINUE,THEN PLEASE WIGGLE UP TO THE BAR AND BUY A SUBSCRIPTION OR SOME SWAG FROM THE MILNET.CA STORE OR IF YOU WISH TO ADVERTISE PLEASE SEND MIKE SOME DETAILS.

Everybody has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Online Bruce Monkhouse

Is a pinball wizard.

• Lab Experiment #13
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • WHERE IS MY BATON?
    • http://www.canadianbands.com./home.html
Re: Fitness Training Available in Calgary Area
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 10:14:26 »
And for any parents who have children in competitive sports who want to give them an edge. I remember the difference in both her ability, and her health/moods, after she got the lifting bug.  It was the difference between pounding a ball into a block and pounding it right through a block.
[from her website]

"Strength training had never really been encouraged for female athletes my age. None of the girls that I knew that played competitive volleyball ever strength trained with intentions of getting stronger, faster, better. We simply practiced and played games; those were our workouts.

I remember I had terrible jumpers’ knees, shin splints, and more rolled ankles than I could count. We simply taped up, threw some ankle braces on, and continued as usual.

My first real experience with consistent strength training in my first year of university changed my life. It hurt at first; my knees hurt when I squatted, my body felt awkward and weird… But eventually something amazing happened. Not only was I feeling more confident in my movement patterns, and feeling so much stronger, I was also recognizing that my knees didn’t hurt anymore. My knees, which would have me crying after games because of the severe pain, weren’t hurting at all, ever. I wouldn’t hurt after practices or games. I felt strong, and that was a way better feeling.

A couple years after that, I got hired on as an assistant strength coach in that same gym. I started not only learning how to move, but why these things were being implemented in programs, and why they would be beneficial, and I was hooked. "
IF YOU REALLY ENJOY THIS SITE AND WISH TO CONTINUE,THEN PLEASE WIGGLE UP TO THE BAR AND BUY A SUBSCRIPTION OR SOME SWAG FROM THE MILNET.CA STORE OR IF YOU WISH TO ADVERTISE PLEASE SEND MIKE SOME DETAILS.

Everybody has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Re: Fitness Training Available in Calgary Area
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 10:41:14 »
I wanted to chime in about personal trainers and recruiting to the CAF (as cynical as I may be at times bringing more members to the CAF is still super important to me and I still find myself recruiting and helping people join)

If anyone checks my posting history you'll see that I've thought personal trainers were bullshit and a waste of time.
I was 100% wrong, they're amazing. I've gotten over myself and got some help and guidance from a personal trainer who had a Kinesiology degree and I'm the fittest (and strongest) I've ever been. It's unbelievable the amount of difference it can make.

If you're thinking of joining the CAF, spending a little bit of money and time on a professional trainer will give you a huge payoff. Not just passing basic training but throughout the rest of your career. My unit realized the benefits of fitness trainers and we fight to get PSP staff to our unit to lead PT sessions and help dudes on an individual basis - and there's always a lineup waiting for them.

Think about it.
There are no wolves on Fenris