Author Topic: Intelligence Officer / Operator  (Read 334380 times)

Offline Blackadder1916

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Intelligence Officer / Operator
« Reply #425 on: August 13, 2018, 20:18:04 »
About those deployments or long term contracts, are there real chances of being able to do them after getting trade qualified? Do they require changing to the Regular Force?
Nope. One thing you'll become quite familiar with is CFTPOs (basically short term taskings) and "REOs" (reserve employment opportunities - these are essentially job bulletins for reservists (not just naval reservists)).

Further to Lumber's explanation, Reserve Employment Opportunities are online if you want to see what is available.   http://armyapp.forces.gc.ca/reo-oer/en/index.aspx
Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky.

Offline Jackal2018

• Rate Post
« Reply #426 on: August 14, 2018, 11:04:49 »
Thanks to Lumber and Blackadder1916 for all the information. It's been very helpful. I'm very excited to get started in the CF.

Now all I need to do is wait and hope that everything goes well in my application.

Wish me luck.

Offline polska

• Rate Post
« Reply #427 on: July 09, 2019, 14:48:35 »
Hi everyone,

Apologies for resurrecting a long dead thread, but I can't seem to find an answer.   Are Air Force and Navy Intelligence Officers still required to do CAP (BMOQ-L)?

Offline Bushman242

• Rate Post
« Reply #428 on: July 09, 2019, 16:20:38 »
Hi everyone,

Apologies for resurrecting a long dead thread, but I can't seem to find an answer.   Are Air Force and Navy Intelligence Officers still required to do CAP (BMOQ-L)?

I am wondering the exact same thing so thanks for asking! It doesn't specify on the site that only Land candidates need to complete the Common Army phase... it seems as though an Int Officer inherently needs the Land training, regardless of posted environment.

Offline Jstock92

• Rate Post
« Reply #429 on: August 18, 2019, 12:28:16 »
Hey guys, Im looking for some information from past or present Intelligence operators.

I just put in my VOT last month. I would like to hear something from people with real experience, as after 6 years in my current trade I understand that the videos on the Forces website can be a bit misleading.

Cheers
I joined the Army once...