Author Topic: Anyone train with this guy?  (Read 1886 times)

Offline CBC Diana

• Rate Post
Anyone train with this guy?
« on: April 25, 2018, 14:54:52 »
Anyone here train with Alek Minassian?  He's the guy who's been charged with the van incident on Yonge St in Toronto on Monday. He was only in St Jean, Que for 16 days last fall before asking to be released. I'm a reporter at CBC in Toronto who's been working on this story.  Reach me here or privately by email: diana.swain@cbc.ca    thanks.
+60

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
Re: Anyone train with this guy?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 19:23:17 »
If you're going to continue to link him to the Canadian Armed Forces, do it properly. He is a failed recruit of the Canadian Armed Forces. Emphasis on his failure to meet and adapt to our standards of behaviour. None of his actions or internet posts describe an individual who embodies the CAF Code of Ethics and Values, in my opinion.
+300

Offline kratz

Spring 2018.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 19:32:29 »
With this high profile incident, current CAF members are reminded of regulations when speaking with the media.

Reference: DAOD 2008-2
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline Kat Stevens

Quando omni flunkus moritati.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 21:44:45 »
I also heard that he may have worked at a 7-11 for a couple of weeks back in 2012. Did you reach out to see if anyone might have bought a slurpee or hot dog from him?
+300
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline Scott

- apparently an antagonist.

• Likes fire and loud noises.
  • Chief of Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • El Scorcho Diablo
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 23:02:21 »
OK. Point taken, I am sure. If he did work at 7-11, and they have forums like this, I am sure someone is there digging. Nature of the beast.

Let's keep this on track. She's doing her job.
Be nice for no reason.

Offline Kat Stevens

Quando omni flunkus moritati.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • that's how we roll in redneck land
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 01:33:54 »
OK. Point taken, I am sure. If he did work at 7-11, and they have forums like this, I am sure someone is there digging. Nature of the beast.

Let's keep this on track. She's doing her job.

Lighten up, Francis, people who deal in manure shouldn’t be shocked when someone points out the aroma.
Apparently, a "USUAL SUSPECT"

“In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility; but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favor'd rage.”

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats

Offline Scott

- apparently an antagonist.

• Likes fire and loud noises.
  • Chief of Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • El Scorcho Diablo
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 06:53:29 »
Lighten up, Francis, people who deal in manure shouldn’t be shocked when someone points out the aroma.

You're right, thanks for giving me a check.
Be nice for no reason.