Author Topic: Ready to eat meals: perfect for a zombie apocalypse, hurricane... or just a busy  (Read 3695 times)

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
Ready to eat meals: perfect for a zombie apocalypse, hurricane... or just a busy workday?

The day after its deal to buy Whole Foods was finalized, Amazon slashed prices at the notoriously high end grocery chain. All of a sudden, a pound of Fuji Apples that previously cost $3.49 was now $1.99. A rotisserie chicken went from $13.99 to $9.99. Avocados went from $2.79 to $1.99. Overnight, Whole Foods got more affordable … and became more competitive in the grocery market.

However, in its pursuit of world domination, Amazon is not hoping to gain customers just among those people who shop for their groceries at Whole Foods. The company is also looking to get into the kitchens of those who barely make it to the grocery store, who have Seamless on their phones and their go-to takeout places on speed dial. In addition to getting into your home fridge with fresh ingredients, Amazon is hoping to get into your pantry and even your office fridge.

How? By selling meals, ready to eat, usually known by their acronym, MRE.

https://www.marketplace.org/2017/09/08/business/ready-eat-meals-apocalypse-amazon-smart-investment

“To stand on the firing parapet and expose yourself to danger; to stand and fight a thousand miles from home when you're all alone and outnumbered and probably beaten; to spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary.”
— Jerry Pournelle —

Offline dapaterson

Halfway to being an idiot-savant.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
Bah.  Just go for Soylent instead.
Putting the *** in acerbic.

Offline kkwd

• Rate Post
Bah.  Just go for Soylent instead.

Unless it comes in the form of little green wafers it just doesn't seem right.

http://www.thegoatseries.com/tag/food-2/
I don't subscribe to forced acceptance. I'll make up my own mind. Diversity of thought and opinion is essential.

Offline MilEME09

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Can I get the Omelette with Salsa IMP instead? I miss that one, and it has become the number one breakfast I make at home.
"We are called a Battalion, Authorized to be company strength, parade as a platoon, Operating as a section"

Offline kkwd

• Rate Post
Can I get the Omelette with Salsa IMP instead? I miss that one, and it has become the number one breakfast I make at home.

Salsa? All I got was brownish ketchup to put on my lung in a bag.
I don't subscribe to forced acceptance. I'll make up my own mind. Diversity of thought and opinion is essential.

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
“To stand on the firing parapet and expose yourself to danger; to stand and fight a thousand miles from home when you're all alone and outnumbered and probably beaten; to spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary.”
— Jerry Pournelle —